The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Uh Oh...

I woke up this morning and planned a big day of fuck all.

So there I was, lying in bed, quite happily listening to the radio and all of a sudden the music stops.... and I hear an 'Oh fuck..' from MH's room....

Power was out.

Our landlord happens to be in Vegas for a week - no alternate contact left for us- and we don't know who the power company is.

Luckily a bloody bill had arrived the day before so we open it, call the company & they tell us someone will be out in 4 hours.

No way were the girls & I sitting round for 4 hours, LM had already bolted out the door muttering something about going for a run so we all bolted upstairs, got dressed and told Neanderthal Man that he'd have to wait there as we were going into town to have breakfast.

I do a lot of posts bitching about this city and all the things I hate about it but breakfast at Carluccio's with the girls is one of the things that I love most.

I freaking LOVE cooked breakfasts and theirs are pretty darn good and when you add great company to that, well, does life really get much better ?? Especially when I'm also in kick-ass shoes at the same time :-)

No, I think it doesn't.

So MH, LH, Frenchie & I had breakfast and then went for a wander round Oxford St, that is another thing I love. I purely despise having to fight the crowds, but the never ending shops are like a little piece of heaven... even if many of them I wouldn't be caught dead in.

So today I was quite good - i bought 2 Chanel liquid eyeshadows, 2 Chanel lipliners, 1 YSL False Eyelash effect mascara (it really is the best), and then back to Chanel for some foundation - I've been addicted to Dior makeup lately but I think I'm back onto Chanel at the moment. Thats just a guuess though...

I also bought some 3/4 black pants but I'm still a little iffy on them. I may take them back. I think they make my legs look short and that just doesn't work for me for obvious reasons.

Then we went past the Disney store and I bought fairy costumes for each of my nieces... plus the matching wands, slippers and story book ... bloody hell ...

Then we went past HMV... now the 2nd time I went to Ireland, i was in a bit of a daze (ie. hungover and drunk and had only had 8 hours sleep in 3 days) and when I got off the plane, i left my ipod behind. I haven't bought one since because.. well.. frankly, i can't be fucked and EVERYONE over here has one that i just feel like such a wanker being one of the sheep. So I've been buying lots of CD's lately.

Today it was the Rolling Stones, Janes Addiction, Barbara Striesand, a dance compliation and one with all these great songs from the 60's. (As a matter of fact, yes, 'great' IS the right word)

Fuck. I can't believe I spent all that money and we're going shopping tomorrow as well because I still REALLY want to buy things.

This is what happens - shopping is my substitute for sex so when it gets really bad, i just go shopping.

Ooooooooh I'm going to regret this when I eventually pluck up the courage to log in to my internet banking and check my balance.

I do however have a valid reason for going shopping tomorrow - I broke the heel on my beloved brown leather boots today - just before I got home. I adore those boots but there is a pair of brown jimmys that I'm crushing on at the moment and I KNOW I have enough on my credit card to cover those babies.... we'll see. I know damn well that I shouldn't. Infact, it would be downright insane and I think I would feel sick afterwards, the big question though is can a pair of jimmy's make up for that? Personally i think they could - very easily - but I REALLY need to be good here - I'm supposed to breaking my damn habit, not feeding it.

Anyway, thats a dilema for tomorrow. I just have to decide what I'm going to do BEFORE i put them on - because once they get on my feet, they wont be coming off. I know my weaknesses.

Tonight the girls and I have been looking at La Senza online... I want some new lingerie. (i want I want I want - thats all I ever bloody say, isn't it !!!) As i went through my lingerie draw this morning and noticed that apart from the new ones, the others are all starting to look like A-'s ... the second they get classed as an A-, its time to start looking for new ones because they are about to be shown the door.

Sometimes, i realise just how bloody expensive I am to run and I am forced to admit that my male friends MM & CCG may just be right when they say I'm high maintenance. Today is one of those days.

Not that I'll ever admit that to them though.

Anyway, early as it is, i am off to bed - lots of shopping to do tomorrow! But just before i do, here's a couple more things I love about being in London -

Standing at the bus stop the other day, I suddenly realised just how freakin lucky i am to be able to be here. I called my best friend C back home and said 'guess what?' "what?' she replies 'I'm in London!!!! Bahahahahahahahahahahaha' "bitch' says she...

Squirrels - I said this before but they are just so damn cute. I love them

Crisp cold mornings

Red bus / black taxi - even if all the drivers are insane.

Standing on Oxford St

Hyde Park

The bare trees - stark outlines against a grey sky aren't exactly 'pretty' but they are beautiful


More later - I'm tired!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home