The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Todays news update is brought to you by Crunchy Nut Cornflakes...

Drinks with the girls last night.

S is back from Greece - sounds like she had a great trip, met 2 Americans & is flying to NY in 10 days to catch up with them. 1 is a stockbroker & the other is a pilot so it should be interesting for her.

Cruisy night.

Made plans to have a girls night in on Friday as S wants me to put her hair extensions in. I should forget all about becoming a teacher and just become a bloody hairdresser or a beauty therapist - I practically am anyway.

In other news….

Yesterday afternoon my boss was looking through some of the spreadsheets I had created to track some stuff … a very enlightening conversation ensued that went something like this….

Boss: 'There are a lot of projects on at the moment aren't there?? I didn't even know about these ones, did they come through while I was away?'
Me: Yeah I know - stupid bastards didn't even send me the notifications like they are supposed to now
Boss: So, how did you know that they are projects?
Me: Oh its on the contract
Boss: … Oh cool… whereabouts on the contract are you looking exactly…..
Me: Oh V showed me how to locate it - it's here.
Boss: Ah…. Yeah, that says project number, but that’s actually the secondary contract number…
Me: …… Are you fucking serious??????

(Cue me hyperventilating as I realise just how many contract terms have been broken and just how many penalties we are going to have to pay out because one person gave me some incorrect info)

So I have pulled all the details for the last week and am now going through them trying to locate which 'Projects' are actually 'Projects' and which ones need to be actioned ASAP.


FAAAAAAAAAARRRRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My boss, by the way thinks its hilarious and says it'll serve the sales guys right for not keeping a track of the contracts they win (this will affect their commission), V is just lucky my boss thinks its hilarious or I would have strung her up by her thumbs…

3 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    Hmm? Sorry, I was thinking about sex. I've got nothin'

     
  • At 1:09 AM, March 10, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    I almost lost my job this week. was gonna blog about it but meh, too depressing! Will wait till i'm magotty drunk and then do it. Sounds like fun hey! w00t,w00t!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, March 10, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Nick - you wasted a comment on that ??? Sheesh...

    Steph - Oh crap - I hope things pick up! And pay attention to Dollops words of wisdom - while I am out of the country, I rely on you keeping all the shoes alive!

    Dollop - can we get that engraved somewhere?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home