The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Friday, March 10, 2006

Feeling a little aggressive... Nothing a krispy Kreme won't fix though, I'm sure....

Right, rant for today…

When I started working here it was to basically to take over an existing position, streamline the processes then train a replacement to do the job permanently & retrain the person who had done it previously. (Incidentally, we've had problems recently because they aren't following the procedures I set in place, after all, who ever heard of SAVING documents??? Freakin HONESTLY!)

*Deep breath, count to 100*

When that role ended, they asked me to stay on to do what I am doing now.
This role was created as they had introduced new product lines etc and a new customer service initiative. As I am all about customer service, I was a logical choice to develop the new guidelines and processes that the sales team & back office teams would be using.

That bit was actually fun.

I liked that bit.

Whats driving me crazy now is the stupid f**king people who wont follow the f**king processes!

Its not like they are hard.

It's not like they take much time.

I streamlined everything as much as I possibly could get away with (this company has a perverse infatuation with red tape - I threw MILES of that shit out and they just kept creating more… fucking management, I suspect they like it as they can then blame their own incompetence on the red tape)

Anyway, I consulted with sales people, managers, back office etc and created lovely, simple, streamlined processes.

I argued, I refined, I created, I trained, I implemented.

Someone, somewhere along the line, decided that I should be responsible for tracking scheduling of services and customer communication - fair 'nuff, I don't have a problem with taking on extra duties, even with the shitty wage they are paying me.

Someone, somewhere along the line changed the contract formats slightly without telling me (hence the confusion with the secondary contract / project number) (don't be asking me why we need a secondary contract number - that’s a whole other rant).

SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE, HAS TOLD THE SALES GUYS THAT THEY DON'T NEED TO FOLLOW THE PROCESS.


I'm going to kill that little %^&*$(%*%^%^)()()^$$*%&$&* if I get my hands on him.



He hasn't been into the office yet this morning, but its only a matter of time…………….. I can wait……………


IF the salesguys had been following the process, it actually wouldn't have mattered that they changed the contracts and I made a mistake as a result of that, because I designed the process so that everyone was effectively checking everyone else - it’s a freakin good system if I do say so myself and the best thing is its quick - the spreadsheets and reports that I've created take all of 5 mins to scan over, they are easy to access, read & understand - hell, I even colour coded them so they don't even have to read anything except the company name if they want! If they had been doing what I bloody told them to, it would have been picked up in days. DAYS. Not weeks !!!!!

Now I have to listen to their pathetic whiney little English voices asking me how my 'idiot proof' system could fail. I'll tell you how it could fail - you aren't idiots, you're complete fucking retards who not only don't have the sense god gave a gnat, who can't do what they are told and worse, can't even do what they signed an agreement to do !!!!!!!! (I made them sign an agreement - I've done this shit before) They are so fucking brain dead they should be on life support.

So now, because they didn't follow the process and I made a mistake, the company has to pay out penalties which affect their commission. Because I made them sign those agreements and they didn't follow them, they are being penalised again.

Call me a bitch - go on…. I dare you ……

Fuckers.

The next person who rings me up to bitch again is going to get stomped on.

Screw them.



My boss thinks I'm hilarious when I lose my temper - how lucky is that ?????

I'm going for a Krispy Kreme….

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home