The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, March 06, 2006

Personally I blame the morons for breeding.

Ok, I know I bitch a lot about my non-job - but this complaint is more about my co-worker.

There is a guy that does a job that is pretty much the same job as what I do. My problem with him stems from the fact that all the reports are interlinked and pull data from various places and until he does his reports, I can't do mine and until I have got my reports, I can't distribute what needs to be distributed and analyse what needs to be analysed.

Now this is actually kind of handy - its nice to get in of a morning, log on, read my emails, chat to whoever is online, read everyone's blogs… Seeing as that normally takes me until at least 11 am, once I have done that, I would like to do some work.

At 3.30 this afternoon, I gave up waiting for dipshit to do his job & just did it for him so I could do mine.

His job actually takes less time then mine - but he still claims that there's not enough time in the day to get it all done… WTF ???????????

You have got to be joking?! Perhaps if he didn't spend all his time looking at a blank screen, he might actually have the 10 mins a day he needs to do his god-damn job.(He actually does that - at least I surf the net or something, he just sits there and stares at the computer desktop - freak)

On Monday he didn't do part of his job (something that doesn't affect me thankfully) so he's spent most of the day doing that… apparently… I'm still seeing that desktop a lot though…

Honestly, how is possible to be so damn lazy? My boss is about to kill me if I don't stop whining about how bored I am and how much I want some more work to do, how can he stand this?? He's been here for 2 years !!!! TWO YEARS!!!!!

After 2 years of this job, I would probably be comatose too I guess so I shouldn't be so harsh but FFS.

I hate non-jobs and I hate stupid lazy people.

I hate stupid people more then lazy people though, I must admit.

The last call centre I worked in, one of my friends & I decided that when people called, there should be a special router in place and before you could speak to a consultant, you must answer some complusory questions - something along the lines of 1. What day is it today?, 2. What is your name? 3. 2 + 2 = what? 4. Are you aware that we are NOT a pizza or a cab company? If anyone got any of the questions wrong - 500 000 volts - straight down the line baby…

I pitched the idea to the other managers but then they pointed out that we would have no customers left and then we'd all be out of a job…

*sigh*

Another one bites the dust….

4 Comments:

  • At 1:14 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Ohhherrr! I work in a call center at night, and i hate people. All people. Smart, dumb, black,white. EVERYFUCKINGBODY that calls! I hate you ALLLLLL!!

    Ok i feel better now. I like the Volts idea.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    People suck!

     
  • At 8:12 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    I once supervised the data entry of results for a major election. Nightshift team, all temps, many on Centrelink employment programs.

    I don't even want to know about the bucket from which these people were scraped.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dollop - hahaha, do you get people asking if we have electricity too???

    Steph - I agree - people suck. I love them, but they suck. i thought the volts idea was good myself ...

    Nick - yes, they do, some more then others.

    Imelda - they came from the slag heap - they just put them in a bucket to transport them to where you needed them

     

Post a Comment

<< Home