The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, March 13, 2006

Notes to self / Timely reminders / Lessons learnt from this weekend

MH wouldn’t so much as blink if I dropped a £1000 on a handbag, but if I want to spend £500 on a pair of boots or £300 on a pair of shit-hot stiletto heels, she will drag me out of the store – literally - by my ear.

Being dragged out of Jimmy Choo by your ear is very embarrassing.


Under no circumstances should you EVER go clothes shopping when you have your period. Not only will you feel fat and ugly in anything and everything, resulting in very high levels of ‘pissed off-ness’, snotty changing room assistants will annoy you so much that you’ll feel the need to make a complaint to the manager about their attitude.



Note to self – if going to Selfridges for afternoon tea, do not eat lunch before hand or you will be sick from eating too much.


Note to self – HSBC are f**king hopeless and if I get one more random check done on my card I am going to scream. I’d change banks but I think they are all as bad as each other.


Disney stores rock. Except for the kids. Annoying little fuckers. i love kids but WHY do some parents seem to think that its ok to send their kids on a search & destroy mission in the Disney store?? That kind of behaviour isn't acceptable in public under any circumstances.


Perfume counters over here don’t always have coffee beans on hand – take your own because otherwise you will end up dizzy as well and with a headache. Buying perfume for yourself is fun, buying perfume with someone else is a pain in the ass when they have no clue what they like.


Bulgari White perfume fades to scent that is exactly like a mens aftershave… and a very very nice one at that… and I’m fucked if I can pin point which one it is.


I already have a lot of perfume, I probably didn’t need to buy 2 more bottles but it was fun, so that justifies it right ??? Right ???? (NB, I got Kenneth Cole Black (mens) and Bulgari White) Would you care to guess how much I struggled to choose which one to wear today?????


I hate the lights they have at the makeup counters – no matter how good they say they are and no matter how well you think you can judge, when you get the foundation home, its never quite right. Normally the Chanel one I bought would be right but because I am just SO white at the moment its too dark. So I went & got a custom blended one at Prescriptives… I LOVE it !!!


Now, question for you all – I love Serfontaine jeans and at Selfridges, they have the Bodymetrics system (if I knew how to make that a link I would, but I am technologically retarded so you’ll just have to google it). Anyway, I think that £275 is quite reasonable for a pair of custom made, never going to find a pair that fit better, perfectly hot jeans and MH disagrees. She disagrees so strongly that she threatened to confiscate my credit cards.

Am I just in one of my delusional ‘must shop / the more expensive it is, the more I must have it’ phases or IS that justifiable?????

EDIT - I nearly forgot - I also got attacked by a carzy bag lady on Sunday morning - you really shouldn't laugh at them when they hit you with their bag as it annoys them. For future ref, avoid contact and walk on quickly, laugh at them and they will follow you shouting abuse. Oops.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    I'm tired, so I'll be brief and say just one thing - you won't like the jeans in a year or two. It's just the way it is.

    Shoes, on the other hand, are a completely different matter.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    I dunno - I worship my jeans. I didn't wear jeans/pants etc for about 8 years (I was strictly a skirts & dresses kind of girl) and now that i am finally wearing them again... My current ones HAVE to be replaced - I have worn holes is all sorts of interesting and embarrassing places and can no longer be seen in public in them.

    The ones I am looking to get from Serfontain are a classic boot cut, mid rise, med wash - so they are classic jeans that will never go out of fashion and as they are the only style I ever buy (I don't do fads such as drainpipe jeans) I think i would get a lot of wear out of them....

    See how good I am at this justifying business????

     
  • At 9:12 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Puss In Boots said…

    Giggles, you get what you pay for. I am a firm believer that expensive things are made better and last longer. My mother taught me this. She used to buy us cheap running shoes for school instead of Nikes, etc, until she worked out that we were wearing out 3 or 4 pairs of the cheap ones in the time it would take to wear out a pair of Nikes and that it was actually costing her more in the long run. So she started buying the Nikes. Buy the jeans. They will serve you well.

    As for the perfumes, I have D&G Sicily, Gucci Envy Me, Hugo Boss Hugo Woman, Kenneth Cole Black, Dior J'adore, Gucci Gucci II, JLo Live, Armani Aqua Di Gio and YSL Baby Doll. Can you imagine what I go through in the morning!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Puss - I have a lot of perfumes so i totally understand what you go through - you have to have the right perfume to put you in the right mood for the day ahead !

    I really want those jeans!!! MH threatened to call my mum back in Oz if i got them !!! LMAO... thats actually a lil scary though...


    Dollop - People who don't know me tell me to go for quality over quantity, the people who do, know I go for both....

     
  • At 1:56 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    i never realize girls were actually having that much fun shopping. really. you just opened my eyes.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Treespotter - trust me, we love it, sometimes, its even better then sex ... well.... maybe - it depends if you're doing it right...

    Dollop - Damn straight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home