The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Breathe in.... breathe out....

Yesterday, I was a little bit stressed (enough to kick my desk draws at one stage). Today, I am not.

I have spent the last however long looking for somewhere to live (it feels like forever, although really, it wasn’t that long at all). One of the places I looked at, I totally fell in love with - brand spanking new, white tiles, white walls, white, white, white - except for the bedrooms which have a deep chocolate brown carpet and the kitchen which has wood with granite benchtops and stainless steel Blanco appliances, quiet, near a park and only 5 units in the block. It was a little more then I was looking to pay and right on the outer limits of the distance from the city that I was prepared to live, but I loved it enough that those things really didn’t matter. And I do mean love.

We didn’t get it.

Sooooo, I kept looking… Heartbroken, yes, but what else are you going do?

A day later, they called us back and asked if we still wanted it. (Do bears shit in the woods?)

Right now, I am deliriously happy.

And you just know this means I’m going shopping. This time with a valid excuse.


I had organised dinner with the gang last night and during the day hadbeen emailing a coupel of the girls talking about how stressed out i was and everything thats been going on. Ariel announced that her mission last night was to cheer me up, N hadn't been planning to come but when she heard how stressed I was, she called her man and told him that she had to cancel on him to see me and MS called his wife and told her to come and bring the baby so I could play with her (she is the cutest little girl).

By the time I got there of course, I had already rec'd the call to say we had the unit so I was bouncing off the walls. I talked non-stop for 45 mins, was waving my hands round so much I knocked over a glass of wine and then caught it before I spilt a drop (I use my hands a lot when I get excited) and all in all, did not look in need of cheering up. lol.

I only had lunch at 5pm so I wasn't hungry but I did play seagull (whenever we go out, someone always plays seagull as we always end up with too much food). I played with the baby while everyone else ate (the people at the table next to us were a little disturbed by the inarticulate sounds I was making but baby liked it, which is all that matters). She really is such a beautiful little girl, her father is Bulgarian and has pale skin, dark hair and eyes so dark they are almost black. Her mother has red hair and hazel eyes, she has her fathers eyes and it looks like her hair may just turn red but with those eyes, she's going to be a heartbreaker either way).

Anyway, it was a great night - lots of hugs and kisses (I need regular physical contact) (NO - not just sex, sheesh!) and I am feeling fabulous.


5% of my stress was coming from the uncertainty of whats happening with my parents house.
15% of my stress was coming from looking for a place to live because Belle wasn’t helping.
10% of my stress was coming from no physical contact.

That’s 30% of my stress, right there, that has been alleviated.

The rest is all workable.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home