The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Friday, January 05, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

So life has been a little full on lately.

Mum & dad sold the house (due to settle on Thursday) but the fucking solicitors have lost the deeds (and only bothered to tell my parents on Tuesday) which is going to delay settlement, the new owners can't wait (they had already booked flights up from Melbourne and everything) so the sale may fall through. This in turn means that the purchase of the new home (you know, the one they have their hearts set on) will fall through as it was subject to the sale of the current house. My mum is devestated and my father is not very happy either. They love the new house and had permission from the owners to start moving stuff in and put new carpets in etc. So now all of that has to come back out (not the carpets, obviously).

Belle and I put in an application for a place yesterday as well. I kind of hope we don’t get it though as I have now decided that it’s too small. And I want a kitchen with more bench space. Bench space in a kitchen is very important to me. Not to mention that I have found another place that I have totally fallen in love with.

We shall see.

In the meantime its birthday week!!! K1 had her birthday on the second, G (my oldest niece) turned 5 on Wednesday (how depressing, I can’t believe she is 5 already!! It seems like only yesterday I walked into the hospital to meet her for the very first time and suddenly discovered that yes, in fact I do want kids one day after all!) and C turned 28 today ('hurtling head first towards 30' was how she described it).

This weekend is going to be a little busy – moving stuff out of the house mum & dad were going to buy, continuing to pack my stuff up for my move and also going to view a property on Saturday, then on Sunday I have to drive down the coast, make G’s birthday cake for her party (it’s a My Little Pony’ theme, wish me luck!), do the party thing then drive back to Brisbane to have dinner with B (it will be the first time I have seen her since she got back from China)…

I had decided that I was not going to plan months ahead when I came home but clearly, that’s not working too well for me – I’m already booked up through to March. I flatly refuse to start booking March at this stage (B’s wedding is locked in, obviously, but apart from that, March is not open for bookings yet!). I have had invitations and suggestions from people for things to do in March but I am fobbing them all off, how much longer I can do that for, I don’t know. Must. Be. Strong. Must. Not. Book. So. Far. In. Advance.

Keeping busy helps at the moment though - I am missing the girls in London so much its not even funny. I miss LH the most I think. She is so soothing and has such a calming effect on me. SS is just so nuts she makes me laugh constantly, MH is very relaxing as well as being unbearably cool (and totally unaware of the fact) and K2 is just plain fun… and a boozehag. I really want to go out and get smashed right now. A big night out with the girls is just what I need, unfortunately, I don’t have time. Sex would be another thing that I really need right now but that’s not going to happen either.

Clearly, I need to sort out my priorities.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home