The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Friday, December 22, 2006

It’s official

I despise Chermside shopping centre.

I have heard that it’s great since it’s been extended and so I have been making a special effort to avoid it – no sense in exposing myself to temptation, after all!

However, last night, after doing the first half of my Christmas shopping at Toombul (the worst shopping centre ever, which is exactly why I went there – nothing to tempt me) I decided to stop by Chermside to have a quick look for something that I wanted for my mum.

Big mistake.

I was sitting at the lights waiting to turn into the carpark and as quickly as the cars were pouring out, they were pouring in….I drove around the carpark for 5 mins, decided it wasn’t worth the increase in my blood pressure and that I would just go home, there I was, unable to move, thinking that I would leave when someone came and pulled out of their carpark right next to me. “It’s meant to be!” I thought (sucker that I am) and so I parked and started trying to find the nearest entrance… Nearly got hit by 3 cars as they roared around looking for a park (fuckwits) and then I made it inside…

Sweet Mary mother of God I nearly turned around and walked straight back out again. ‘No no’ I thought to myself, ‘this is a food court so naturally it’s going to be terrible here!’ (Please note my foolish optimism)…. It really wasn’t any better away from the food court, in fact it was worse… much worse…

One thing I miss about working night shifts is that when I went shopping (during the day) no one else was. For this reason, I don’t like shopping on NORMAL Thursday night late night shopping, so last night was sheer hell.

I can’t stand walking along behind someone who is going so slow they are practically in reverse, I hate it even more when they suddenly stop dead in the middle of the walkway in front of me – that infuriates me – selfish cunts who think its ok to block the flow of traffic make me want to smack them upside the head and last night my palm was positively itching with the desperate need to dispense a few swift right handers.

In the end, I stayed for about half an hour (and ground down half my teeth in the process) and then left – I just couldn’t cope with it anymore. I called my sister, arranged with her a present for G (I had already gotten one for E) & to go halves with what she is getting mum & dad and then I got the hell out of there.

In the end, even leaving was a chore and when I got home, I walked straight into the kitchen and poured myself a vodka before going to bed.

Thank god Christmas only comes once a year.

xoxox

In other news I had a pedicure last night (before the Christmas shopping) it really is amazing how happy pedicures make me (which does make me wonder how much more annoyed I would have been when shopping last night if I hadn’t already been blissed out from the foot massage etc) and today I am feeling very perky…. By which I mean to say that I really want s*x. (So what’s new) Actually, I was thinking some moderately depraved thoughts on the train on the way in this morning… it was quite fun but now I’m feeling a little hot and bothered. *sigh*

xoxox

Today’s shoes are orange, strappy and have a 3 ½ inch heel – perfect for climbing on top of desks in, no?

xoxox


Anyway, Merry Christmas to all – drink lots of booze, eat lots of food and stay safe on the roads – there are a lot of lunatics out there.

Hugs all round.

x

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home