The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas emails

Today I rec'd Christmas emails from two different male friends of mine, one is 33 and the other is 27.

Both of them made me smile for very different reasons...



From: f
To: Me

My Christmas present to you - remember that men are simple creatures – b**bs, s*x, beer, sport, machines – and that’s in no particular order. We don’t care about your mother, we aren’t actually thinking anything when we are staring off into space (except perhaps to wonder if you would consider having s*x with us while we drink beer and watch sport) and you really don’t need that new pair of shoes.

(am laughing thinking of the look on your face as you read this)

have a great Christmas Princess, see you in the new year.

f

Ps. When I got home last night, I told the gf that you had said she was a lucky woman, she doesn’t believe you said that…. How does she always know when I am lying???



From : Me
To: f

My Christmas present to you – women are simple creatures also – we want to know that even if we aren’t actually standing in front of you, you think of us… flowers will do this if you – simple creature that you are – cannot think of a more innovative way to convey that fact. We want you to kill spiders and any other creature that we do not regard as warm and fluffy, we want you to wash up or do a load of laundry once in a while and we don’t want to hear you b*tch when we come home with a pair of new shoes that we simply had to have.

Now go crawl back into your cave and have a great Christmas you terrible excuse for a man. I will see you in the new year if I don’t get a better offer.

X

Ps: She knows you are lying because your lips move.



For something different, from a man of few words who never ever does the warm and fuzzy stuff -


From: The Banker
To: Me

GW,

How are you?

Brushed the girl! Things did not sit very well with me so I decided to cut her loose.

Means I can move and also hit up NY a free agent.

I will not get to see you again before I go.

Have a fantastic Xmas and New years and I shall see you in the new year at some stage.

On a more personal note - thank you so very much for all of your support and understanding throughout the year. 2006 proved to be a testing time for me and I appreciate and respect your time and attention.

I sent out an email the other week on people that walk into your life for a season, a reason and a lifetime. I know exactly which category you fit into.

Love The Banker


From: Me
To: The banker

Thank you sweetie!!! That’s a lovely thing to say!!! Right back at you!

Thank you for always listening to me no matter what I am whinging about, thank you for giving me good advice (even though I don’t always take it, that’s not because I don’t think it’s sound!), thank you for encouraging me to go os – if it hadn’t been for you pushing me, I don’t think I would have made it (certainly, I would have missed my flight!) and thank you just for being you - I don’t know if you ever realised just how little faith I used to have in mens integrity so being friends with you over the last 3 years has certainly taught me a lot and helped in a huge way to bring me to where I am at. Thank you.

I hope you have an awesome Christmas & NYE – try not to get yourself in too much trouble (and whoever she is, make sure she’s hot – nothing below an 9 - you have to go one better than WM!)

See you in the new year.

G
xoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home