The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, September 04, 2006

Everyone has a price.

Since I got back to London, the care agency has called me a couple of times about jobs (“What about this one?? No?? Ok, well we have one here too, did you want to think about that one??”)

Each time I have said no, for several reasons –
a) They were very unsupportive with the last one
b) I don’t ever want to put myself in that position again
c) I hated being away from my friends – I’m a very social person and that kind of did my head in a little.

Today, I transferred a goodly sum of money home to make my credit card payment and also to pay a couple of bills that mum informed me had come through.

That left my bank account looking rather sad… and I don’t like sad bank accounts….

Before too long, I am going to start eating into my safety net (yes, I know that’s what it is there for, I don’t care, when I have to touch that, I get very antsy).

Right as I was sitting there thinking that, they called me again and offered me another job.

3 weeks, in Surrey (where the fuck is Surrey?), 7 days a week but the pay is good… very good, actually…

In spite of the fact that every particle of my being was screaming ‘NOOOOOOOO!’ in sheer horror, I said yes.

Looks like I just found my price.

Does that make me a whore??

Worse, I suspect, because I feel like I am selling my soul.

I wonder if its too late to call them and say I’ve changed my mind?




In other news, last night, while chatting.. well, actually, ihad stopped chatting for a moment and was.. umm.. busy, I accidently knocked my laptop off the bed onto the floor... oops... now the keyboard part doesn't work - i can still log in and everything, but can't type.... This may be a problem...

4 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    You broke your laptop while...ermm "busy"...I don't know whether to laugh, cry or just grin at the visual.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Shuddup.

    It isn't really funny!!

    Well it kind of is, but you know what I mean!!!!

     
  • At 5:14 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Surrey is just south of London (and some of the towns are blinding out on the piss... I was there for my last Army posting).

    If you're feeling adventurous, open up the cover to your laptop. Chances are it's just a disconnected cable. Easy to fix.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty, suggesting I do anything to my laptop other then switch it on shows how little understanding you have of the depths of my technamalogical retardedness!

    Yeah, someone showed me where Surrey is on a map, as the job is 7 days though, I wont get time to check out the army boys or pubs.

    Bugger.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home