The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Deep in thought

You know the day is off to an interesting start when you open your email ac to find an email waiting for you with a subject line that reads –

“Because you know so much”

And an opening line of –

“When I have figured out women, I will be far better off in this world - this I can assure you.“

Should I tell the poor bastard that he never will?? Anymore then we are ever going to work men out?? Or should I leave him with hope??

And why do people assume I know so much about relationships???

Considering my track record… pfft!

Although, as it happens, I could help in this instance which was quite good.

After we spoke for an hour or so – general chit chat and then talking about his woman, he asked me what I was up to & when I was coming home.

He was the second person to point out to me today that I may be better off just coming home now, rather then waiting a couple of months… I’m tempted… Lord knows, I am tempted…

Even better, he said that earlier today, he was looking at job op’s at the bank that he works at and seeing what would suit me – there are a few there that he thinks I would be interested in, all totally different to what I have done previously but that’s part of the fun and he also knows how much I have hated certain aspects of my previous jobs and the company that he works for not only pays better but has a great reputation.

It was pointed out to me twice today that by the time I get a job and get settled into it, it will be time to quit and come home.

Add those to the list of reasons to come home early…. It’s getting longer.

I do want to come home – so badly I can almost taste it, but I also know I am going to miss everyone over here terribly and I am still having fun.. Although not as much fun as I know is waiting for me when I get home... the first month (or 3) is going to be a little crazy I think. I don’t know that those are good enough reasons to stay longer though, because what am I actually accomplishing?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home