The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Humph

So on Friday I went & saw the agency. That was pleasant.

They are going to contact me on Monday about another job but frankly, I don’t think I want it. I don’t know anything about it but if it means having to work for them, then I just don’t even want to go there.

Soooo… back to office work for me I guess.

*sigh*

That means that Monday is allllll about agencies. I really despise having to go do the interview thing. It bores me to tears.

Sorry, I am in a whinging mood at the moment.


So, getting back to it, after I spoke to the agency I was so fucked off I went and had a massage to try to calm me down.

It was the BEST god damn massage I have ever had. I have bruises on my back and shoulders from where he was trying to get the knots out – I was lying there whimpering in pain it hurt so much but fuck it was good! He was getting a bit worried because it was hurting his hands he was massaging so hard but I just kept telling him to go harder. He was using his elbows at one stage – I was in heaven. I hate it when I get a massage and afterwards I feel like all they did was smooth some oil in – make it count damnit!

I’ll be going back there.


Sat morning MH, LH and I headed into Leicester Square, had breakfast and then went to the National Portrait Gallery to see an exhibition of Angus McBeans portrait photography which was incredible – I have seen a couple of his portraits before but this was awesome.

Then wandered around the rest of the gallery for a while before heading to Carluccios for lunch (penne with courgette, chilli, garlic, butter & deep fried spinach balls – simple but oh so good) then wandered around Oxford & Bond Sts for a while, ended up in Selfridges (for something different) for afternoon tea (again, how unusual!) ….

I found the hottest boots EVA (heh) but they are also rather expensive – even I can’t quite justify that.

I’ll work on it though, you can be sure of that.


Somehow I ended up being the shopping nazi for the day – I was responsible for making sure that no one bought anything. I know why I rarely hold that position now – because I am actually quite crap at it – LH spent a quick £50 while I wasn’t looking and another £60 while I was, MH spent about £100… WHY do people keep trying to make me be responsible??? I don’t understand and you would think they would know better by now ffs! I was having enough trouble controlling myself – as if I had any control left over to give to anyone else ??!!

I was good.

It sucked.


We left there at about 7.30pm and went home to collapse. I spent a couple of hours soaking in the bath tub by candle light and then passed out for a couple of hours before I was woken up by a text message.

Very little sleep as a result and what I did get was restless - but I can live with it. Normally if you wake me up, someone had better be already bloody dying and if they aren't, they soon will be. There are exceptions to every rule.


Sun I spoke to my sister – mum & dad had been down for the weekend and she had told them about my current status ('unemployed bum' is the technical term, I belive). She was smart enough to make sure that mum had half a glass of wine in her before she said anything though (Mum is a cadbury’s girl – 1 glass and she’s pissed, another half and she will pass out… clearly my tolerance for alcohol is not inherited from her).

M listened to mum have a breakdown about it for as long as she could handle it and when she finally couldn’t take any more, she topped up mum’s wineglass – problem solved – 10 mins later mum was passed out on the couch.

By the time I spoke to mum, she had calmed down to the point where it was only a mini breakdown – thank fuck for that. I calmed her down as best I could – the only thing that would really make her feel better at this point, I suspect, would be for me to return home on the next flight out of here.

She’ll get over it.

Dad, of course, was fine.


As soon as I got them off the phone I went back to bed. Lol

Dragged myself out of bed at about 2.30 when LH suggested we go do some grocery shopping. Managed to leave the house at 3.30 and off we went.

LH is on a health kick at the moment so shopping with her may not have been such a good idea – I wasn’t allowed to put any crap in the trolley because then she might want it too. *Sigh* I have a lot of fruit in the crisper at the moment… and no bloody ice-cream… bitch.

I did however make soup this afternoon – pea and ham - well, proccuitto, actually, but details schmetails.

Its damn good too.

And that’s about it for me.

Nothing of any note really – nothing exciting happening and yet I’ve still managed to fill 2 pages with crap.

What can I say – its an art.

Wish me luck for tomorrow - well, mainly for patience really.

Mwah

3 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    good luck... tho i'm still disappointed for not getting any birthday present.

    you, of all people....

    *hiks hiks hiks*

    good luck again with the job.

    PS: throw your cards, girl. do it now! NOW!

     
  • At 2:28 AM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    London is just the best place to do the 'wandering around' thing. *sigh* I want to go back. Methinks i have to.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    TS - sorry, my bad. But I am not supposed to be shopping at the moment anyway - support me in this, damnit!

    Steph - Indeed it is!! It does get a little dangerous though £20 here, £20 there... before you know it you're on the tube heading home whilst scratching your head trying to work out how you spent £150 and have nothing to show for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home