The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Escape from Hell

Sooooo…..

About a month and a half ago, I started having trouble sleeping. Running on about 2 –3 hours a night isn’t exactly ideal but I put it down to text messages at all hours and serious fucking frustration. I can live with that.

Then I started getting headaches again.

Then I went off my food. (And we all know how much I love food).

Then, finally, I was speaking to C and mentioned all of the above, just in passing.

Sometimes, I’m really not terribly observant. Lucky I have her around.

C pointed out that the only time she had ever known me to suffer from insomnia, migraines and loss of appetite, was when I was insanely fucking stressed out by a job that I had that I seriously fucking despised – as in, if I had a choice between slitting my wrists or going to work, I would have to seriously stop to think about which to do that day…. She suggested that I get the hell out of there ASAP.

I thought about it for a while and then discovered that I have another stress level beyond those – when there is one person in particular causing my stress, I then start to want to throw up every time I hear their voice.

So I called the agency – they were fucking useless but they did manage to get me out of there in 5 days.

So I am now free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I went & stayed with SS last night and went out and got exceptionally drunk.

2 bottles of red, a bottle of Dom, then out to the pub where I had 3 vodkas, on to the next pub where we had 2 bottles of cava (*gag* not my idea to drink that btw, I bear NO responsibility for that choice!) then home to drink another bottle of dom and a bottle of Laurent-Perrier.

No wonder we were pissed – we forgot to eat dinner.

SS threw up and doesn’t even remember it. Heh.

I did have to sleep with one hand on the floor to anchor me so I knew where I was in the spinning room but apart from that, I was fine… until this morning.

I felt a little queasy.

We finally dragged our sorry carcasses out of bed at about 12 and then caught a train to London.


Tonight was dinner with the girls – Thai – and no booze for once, I think I might take a couple of days off… Dinner was lovely but I still am not eating much. Now my stress is about not having a job. I hate not working, it drives me crazy.

Money isn’t a problem – I have more then enough in the bank right now, so its not that I need to worry about that, its more that I get nervous without that security blanket.

So I need to make some decisions – do I go back to doing what I was doing previously or go do live in care somewhere else? There’s a few other things I am turning over in my mind at the moment right now too.



Anyway, enough of the crap stuff – let’s get onto the fun bit!

I bought new shoes (naturally) to celebrate my escape from hell – lavender silk with ankle ties and cross over straps at the front – very pretty.

I will try to get a pic of them online for you. They are a low heel (for me) I wasn’t even going to try them on when I saw they were only 3 ½ inches high but SS bullied me and once they were on my feet I fell in love.

Call of the night last night –

SS & I called another or our ex work mates who is over here who she used to shag.

SS: (talking about a girl he recently met) So are you going to fuck her then?
Ex-shag: I already did!
SS: Oh – so are you gonna fuck her again??
Ex-Shag: Yeah
SS: Well she can’t have been too bad then, that’s good!

I was sitting there looking at her going "Take you anywhere once! And a second time to apologise!!"

Shocker. I still cant believe she said it (more because of the way she said it – you kind of had to be there)… It was fucking funny though.

Other amusing moments today include …

LH, MH & I were flicking channels and came across Jurassic Park on tv, MH paused for a moment and it’s a generic scene where there are humans and dinosaurs on screen at the same moment and car of some sort,

LH: Is this a movie or a documentary?
Me: What do you mean, ‘a documentary?’
LH: Well, like, aren’t they endangered or something? Why would those people be allowed so close to them?
Me: Are you serious?
LH: What???
Me: Have you been sniffing glue???? Darl, you need to lay off the crack.
LH: What ??!! Why do you say that???? I was just asking !!
Me: LH, they’re fucking dinosaurs – they’re extinct, not endangered! They’re all fucking dead and have been for ..oooohhh…. roughly 65 million years?!
LH: Oh, yeah I thought that was a little odd that they were showing people with them!
Me: ……..

MH just listened, bemused.

I love LH, I really do, but sometimes…. I worry….

The scary thing is that she’s actually quite clever. I think sometimes the satellite link goes down and the messages just don’t get through. *sigh*

5 Comments:

  • At 2:26 AM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    LOL - she is a lovely girl and she has a very difficult job so she is clearly quite intelligent, but sometimes...... ah well...

    heh - i must remember to ask if she's ever been to Disneyland....

     
  • At 2:53 AM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Hope you get back to sleeping well soon. Insomnia's been my constant companion for over 16 years now.

    I don't know about Disneyland but she's sure been to La La Land. Documentary *LMAO*

     
  • At 6:04 AM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    I do the anchoring thing too, only with my leg. I stick one leg out so i can find the floor in a hurry when i need to.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - thanks, I don't suffer from it too often and now I am out of there it should improve.

    I hear La La Land was quite nice - everyone knew her name there.

    Steph - I had to lay on my stomach in order to settle it so handit was! Normally foot is much easier!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Metabedu Connects said…

    So the Jurasic Park piece is hilarious. I understand the job thing. I prefer driving to drinking. When I get really stressed I get on the freeway and just drive and meditate, listen to music, take some munchies. It's so expensive now though. If I had a studio I'd make art.
    I also chill at coffeehouses, read books, mags, the bible, pray, yada, yada. I hope the stress gets to a manageable level for ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home