The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

*Groan*

Ack - I think I ate too much...

Tonight I had dinner with D, LH & MH.

I cooked.

I cheated in that I did simple stuff, but it was bloody good if i say so myself.

We started with prawns, smoked salmon & cream cheese (and it was fucking good cream cheese too - I am SO going back to that deli) with fresh dill.

Then we had lamb chops roasted with fresh rosemary & garlic, serves on creamy mash (with a bit of sweet chilli chopped very fine and stirred through it with the cream & butter, trust me on this, it fucking ROCKS) and gravy made from the drippings.

Then I made butterscotch tart (which was the only reason i offered to cook in the first place - I REALLY wanted some butterscotch tart, lol).

And seeing as I made too much pastry, i used the left overs to make a jam roly poly.


Perhaps I should have skipped lunch.


But the best, the absolute BEST thing that happened to me today was this - D bought me a bottle of red cordial AND a packet of mint slice... does it honestly get any better then that??? I don't think so!!!!!!!

So damn happy right now!

Or is that the booze?????

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home