The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Another Lesson Learned

A few people I know have been a little baffled by the fact that I willingly keep in touch with my ex’s.

Last night, I learned a very valuable lesson – when I kept in touch with Cheating ex after we first broke up, it was because, deep down, I really wanted him to admit that he was wrong to cheat on me and apologise, sincerely for having hurt me. When I finally worked out that any apology he offered was going to be a crock because he simply isn’t capable of being honest with himself, let alone anyone else, I decided that it wasn’t worth keeping in touch with him... The fact that he then continued to try to stay in touch with me in completely irrelevant here – don’t get me started on that.

Last night I realised that I kept in touch with Lying ex for pretty much the same reason …and really, it doesn’t even matter anymore.

The night before last we had been chatting online and he brought something up about when we were together and I told him to simply stop right there – I didn’t want to discuss it, it was over and done with. We ended up having a mini-argument, I then said I had to go (not actually true, I was just wanted to chat to someone else who was more important and didn’t want him distracting me). He signed off with a farewell message that, frankly, I can’t even cut & paste here and was so graphic it actually made me go bright red.

Anyway, last night I jumped online and he was on again. He started talking and he was being rather filthy - not that that offends me per se, its simply that I didn’t want to hear it from him - I told him that clearly, he really needs to get laid right now.

I walked right into that one.

He then started talking about how he couldn’t wait for me to get home… err… and so forth… (c’mon, I don’t really need to spell it out for you, do I ?) I sort of pointed out that it wouldn’t be doing him any good when I did – he wasn’t showing up anywhere on my list of things to do (pardon the pun).

He got a little offended.

We then ended up having an argument – well, it wasn’t so much an argument, I wasn’t arguing, I wasn’t even angry or upset, he was though, I was just bored. I think the nicest thing he said about me (I wasn’t really paying much attention) was that I am ‘straight down the line’ and ‘very harsh’ ... Apparently … I can live with that, although I do find it moderately amusing as other people tell me I am too soft. Go figure.

In the end I had to explain that at the end of the day, I really didn’t care what he thought, I don’t care what he says or what he does, feel etc and that was pretty much that.

I’ve blocked him now.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    Staying friends after an amicable breakup is hard enough without knowing that one party lied or cheated.

    And the fact you blocked him, all I can say is about bloody time.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    He clearly mistook your maturity in not totally severing communication with him as some sort of licence to try and woo you back with some one-handed typing, now you're on the way back home.

    Bravo for blocking him.

    I've kept in contact with both ex-wives, and in fact my rapport with my first ex- is better than it has ever been. But both because she's remarried and we've moved on oh, so very far from where we were when we were married, there will never be any of that sort of smut going on.

    In fact one of her best friends has point blank refused to be more than just friends with me (she's single and hot) because she feels there are not "enough degrees of separation" between the three of us. Which is fair.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Indy - Yes, it is hard to stay friends and the only one I have genuinely managed to do that with is Nice ex - probably because neither of us really wants to be with the other and we were really good friends before we got involved.

    And yes, about time. I never wanted to offend him before though! Now I just dont give a shit!

    Nick - Nope, i don't think it was maturity, just sheer bloody mindedness and wanting an apology or at least an acknowledgement of how badly he behaved. Ah well - lesson learned!

     
  • At 5:07 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    giggle, - and this is taking a page from YOUR advice - i don't think you can stay friends with ex.

    you can have sex. but not friends.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    TS - It depends on the ex.

    Sometimes its fucked up but every now and then (purely for novelty value I suspect) it turns out ok.

    Its a judgement call.

     
  • At 2:18 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Puss In Boots said…

    Yay for blocking exes! I try very hard not to stay in contact with mine unless it's absolutely necessary. It's just too difficult.

     
  • At 2:45 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Puss - I like to at least try.

    At least until I work out that they have no soul.

    Besides, a couple of them I worked with so it was really important to try.

    It wasn't difficult with Nice ex at all, funnily enough.

     
  • At 6:05 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    I'm still on good terms with most of my exes. Well, at least the ones that I am actually still in contact with which amounts to a very small percentage but nevertheless...

    Friendship with an ex is possible but if they're going to behave in the way that you mentioned then they're not worth keeping in touch with.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - Damn straight! Which is why his sorry ass is out the door.

    And its nice to know tht you agree you can be friends with exs - so many people think its weird.

    Ezer -Hi there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home