The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, July 24, 2006

La la la

I have come to the conclusion that I am not suited for this job.

In fact, i am not suited to any job that involves dealing with any member of the general public.

Conversely, I am not suited to any job that doesn't involve a whole lot of communication and interaction with others.

What to do?

xoxox

I suspect i would be more tolerant of her if she was my nanna, rather then someone elses.

On the plus side, at least I don't lock her in the car just to get away from her like another live in carer I spoke to recently - you aren't allowed to do that to a dog ffs, how can you do that to an old woman?????!!!!

xoxox

I am going to be screwed when I get home - all my jobs over here have been non-jobs (or my idea of non-jobs anyway - there's never been enough bloody work to keep me occupied all day, even when i have been doing 3 peoples jobs). So just imagine how i am going to struggle going back to a job that actually expects me to work (not surf the net or read) all day ?????

Christ.

xoxox

Someone asked me recently what I intend to do differently when I get home, I've mulled over it for a while and here is part of my answer -

I think the biggest changes will be the ones I am unconscious of. Friends have mentioned how much I have changed and the things they point out are the things that had actually slipped my notice.

I'm not going to go hoem trying to change everything (no need - I'm pretty fucking wonderful, after all) or too many things - mainly because even the best juggler can only keep so many balls in the air at once - I'd rather change a couple of things at a time and actually change then try to do too many things, decide its too hard and throw the towel in.

Therefore, 'Things I Am Going To Make A Specific Effort To Do' when I get home include (but are not limited to) :-

* Being more open to meeting new people - I meet a lot of new people all the time but always hold them at arms length (with a smile, of course). My aim is to try to stop holding everyone at arms length and to actually be open to them rather then just seeming to be.

* Being more honest about what I want - I don't do so well at that. Pair of shoes??? New dress??? I can tell you ALLLLLLL about how much I want it. When it comes to what I really want however, well, I am pretty crap at that.

Instinct kicks in and I just want to run - no matter how minor or off the cuff the question is, I clam up. To give an open and honestly felt response is very difficult for me.

I almost never talk about what I am really thinking and what I am really feeling, or rather, the depths of what I am really thinking and really feeling - I'll give you a surface commentary quite willingly, but to scratch that and go deeper, to actually get right down to the nitty gritty of what I want, what I think and so forth is something that I just never do. I can admit it to myself, but to someone else????

This blog has helped a lot in learning to be honest about that, but now I have to move that into RL and just quietly, thats bloody hard.

* Being a hell of a lot more brave then I am - so that I can actually do the 2 things I've said above and a couple of others I am still turning over in my mind. I may post about them another time - I'm freaking out enough about posting that (above) for now.

xoxox

"No matter what else happens during the day, you can always choose what you have for lunch"

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I happened to turn on the TV when Boston Legal was on a few weeks ago and I have remembered that line ever since.

It's a great line.

The glass is half full people!

xoxox

7 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, July 24, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    I always liked the idea if your glass is only half full maybe you need a smaller glass.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, July 24, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Life is much like the first Matrix film:

    There is no glass.

    All you can be, and all that anyone can ever ask you to be, is yourself. Don't get too het up about it all.

    We all think you're pretty wonderful.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, July 25, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    What Dusty said. You's da shiznit! :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM, July 25, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Indy - The glass is half full unless they are calling last drinks at the bar - then its half empty and you better get the hell out of my way!

    Dusty - You mean the booze isn't real either ?????!!!!!! Very true - but it would be nice to be the best person i can be! And stop it - you'll make me blush!

    Steph - Aww - thanks darl! (Nice slippers!)

     
  • At 12:42 PM, July 25, 2006, Blogger Puss In Boots said…

    You can practice on me, Giggles. Come back, we'll have coffee (or other hot beverages), and we shall both see how we go meeting new people and not keeping them at arm's length. By the way, where the hell are the further details on your male friend, hmmmm??!!!! Tee hee.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, July 25, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Puss - Done deal. You have permission to call me on it if i backslide and start stretching my arms...

     
  • At 2:09 PM, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home