The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Question

Say you meet someone.
.
Lets say they are nice,
.
You get along well,
.
The sex is great
.
etc etc etc.
.
You know they are not 'The One'
.
Do you go into a relationship with them anyway?
.
Knowing that you are wasting your time and theirs?
.
Because if they are not 'The One', then what are you doing there?
.
BTW - I'm not asking this because I am in this situation, but because in conversation with a friend, the subject came up and now I'm curious as to what you all think.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    not that i know answer to that, but i can say that i'm very interested to what others have to say. let's just say i'm an expert in getting myself in that situation and a total imbecile in getting out of it.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Puss In Boots said…

    I've been in this situation before. Twice. Twice I entered a relationship anyway. Bad move. I've learnt my lesson, and now if I realise I couldn't spend the rest of my life with someone, I won't bother. As you said, it's just a waste of time.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Treespotter - So your answer would be something along the lines of 'yes you do go there, but fucked if I know how to get out of it after..' ???

    Puss - I hear you!

    Russ - nooooooo - it's not ME that has the problem (if it can be called that) - it's a friend!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Depends if you're "dating", you know, seeing a few guys, going out etc. It could be fun for a while.
    I dunno, depends on what you want i guess.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, June 02, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dollop - if they know 'how it is for you' and yet they still want 'more' should you still go there? Even if you've told them?

    Steph - Nope, I mean a 'relationship' as opposed to just 'dating'...


    How come other people get cool / easy word verifications and mine are crappy long ones that are almost impossible to read the font? I got 'efcwvivzt'.... bloody thing....

     
  • At 1:37 AM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    No.]

    wlvzdiko

     

Post a Comment

<< Home