The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Well well well

Today I learnt 2 very interesting things -

1. Pandora's box should never be opened.

You'd think I would have learnt this by now but nope, I failed the test. Sometimes, just because you can ask the question, doesn't mean you should ask the question.

You really should let sleeping dogs lie, because sometimes, the truth really does hurt.


2. I do actually get jealous.

I have never, ever been jealous before.

Yes, I'm talking about real, dark, malignant envy.

I really hope I never do suffer from it again. I'm actually quite disturbed at just how negative and unreasonable an emotion it is. The fact that I know how stupid it is to feel this way, really doesn't seem to help much.

How odd.

How wrong.

I don't like this very much.

And I have no one but myself to blame.


No. I don't want to discuss specifics. Thanks anyway.


*Edit / note / whatever – just to clarify…

Yesterday I went looking for the answer to a question when I already knew what the answer was going to be.

I really shouldn’t have because the particular situation that it was about doesn’t exist anymore and that makes it pretty damn irrelevant to the current situation anyway. So really, it was stupid to go looking and it was even more stupid to feel the way I did when I got the answer.

There’s a difference between knowing and ‘KNOWING’ – if it had still been relevant, then yes, I would have wanted to 'KNOW' and I damn well should have gone looking, as it wasn’t, I should have just left it alone.

My own fault and I am over it now – I took some time last night to put it all into perspective and all is well with the world again.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home