The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Waiting to see....

So, yesterday afternoon I went to speak to the recruitment company… that was interesting… I don’t like being kept waiting for ½ an hour in a meeting room because my consultant was busy – plan your fucking day better woman!

While I was sitting there waiting however, my phone rang (normally I would turn it off but I forgot to) I answered it and it was someone else from that same recruitment company who had just seen my CV, calling to ask if I would like to come in and talk to them about a job… I explained that I was actually sitting in one of their meeting rooms at the moment, waiting to talk to someone… As soon as I hung up from her, before I even had a chance to turn my phone off, it rang again, I answered it… it was a guy from the same bloody recruitment company calling to ask if I’d like to come in to talk to him about a job… WTF??? Do these people not talk to each other??? I had the exact same conversation with him as I had with the other woman and then turned my phone off as soon as I hung up.

Weirdo’s.

Is it just me?? Am I being really picky?? I mean, it’s great that they all want to talk to me, but I just wonder how efficient they can actually be if no one knows what anyone else in the company is actually doing. How many stupid phone calls like that a day do they make when they could be doing something else – like finding people jobs for example?

See how we go. I wasn’t terribly impressed by the woman I ended up speaking to (someone other then the person I originally spoke to). Besides from the fact that she kept me waiting for ½ an hour, I just wasn’t terribly inspired by her in general, she looked absolutely shattered, like she’d had a huge night the night before.

Meh - fingers crossed anyway.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Cazzie!!! said…

    Far out, what a pain in the ass that is , what a waste of cash on the companies behalf to not talk between staff, like have a meeting on who is gonna ring who that day and try and effectively recruit new staff. But then again, if they employed you they would be employing a person with more intelligence than themselves, and theyd probably loose their jobs...to you!!!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    calabazablog - ta

    Cazzie - you have to wonder, don't you??? Such a bad system and these guys are pretty big with offices all over the world!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Makes me glad I don't have to do that shit anymore. Asshats the lot of em'.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Steph - you got it in one!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Ahhh consultancy work. It's a licence to print money and they never work with anything like the same efficiency as a "proper" firm.

    Have you considered going into this yourself?

    P.S. - Being late is my number one pet hate. It's just so rude!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Actually when I am working I am very efficient so it would probably drive me mad (madder?) working with people like that.

    I used to be late all the time but now I am a time-nazi. I fucking hate it when people keep me waiting.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Me too. Even before I joined the Army... don't be on time, be early.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home