The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, May 22, 2006

Is there a 12 step program for this?

Hi, my name is Giggles and I’m a serial drexter.

(‘Hello Giggles’)

I don’t quite know how I got to this point – it started off innocently enough – you know, you’d go out with a large group of friends and someone would go missing – so you’d text them to find out where they were so they could either make their way back or you could collect them.

Or sometimes, you’d go out with one group of friends and one of your other friends would be out also, so you’d arrange to meet up sometime during the night and so you would be texting your current location and anticipated next port of call to each other and trying to co-ordinate …

Then it became a texting of random thoughts to a friend who was out with another group of friends…

Sometimes, if K1 was out with her girls and I was out with mine, we’d even text funny things that had just happened… she even used to call to sing to me sometimes (“You are my sunshiiiiiine, my only sunshine, you make me haaaaaaappyyyy, when skies are greeeeey”).

Somehow, somewhere along the line, I have moved from despising text messaging to being addicted to it and I’m just not too sure how it happened.

It’s only recently that it's become a real problem for me. One of my friends asked me if it has something to do with alcohol intake but I don’t think so – I mean, that makes it worse, yes, but I do it even when I’m sober.

I know that I have to break this habit, its going to ruin my health. I know that admitting I have a problem is the first step, but I just can’t do it alone…. I’m really hoping you all can help me….

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    i work for a telco vas so you really shouldn't. but my personal advice would be to ditch the phone for a while. like me now.

    i can quote you statistics on how much people like you pays for my bills, that would probably help? no?

     
  • At 9:50 AM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Darl, I know exactly how much money I am paying out for these text messages - it just doesn't stop me!

    I'm going to get RSI in my right thumb.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home