The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Ummm… no particular reason for that, I’m just in a great mood.

Actually it’s a little odd just how good a mood I am in, the last time I was this happy I was looking at half a kilo of grade A Charlie erm just had sex uh, was hanging out with friends at home.

However 3 good / amusing things happened today before I got to work –

1) I woke up (always a good thing in itself) and a BeeGee’s song I love was playing on the radio (shuddup – I love the BeeGee’s and I’m not ashamed to admit it)

2) As the bus went past a park a saw a dog walking its human woman walking her dog and it was nearly as big as she was, so she was half bent over running to keep up with this dog that was just trotting along quite happily. I giggled for a good 5 mins over that one.

3) I saw 3 squirrels.


So, yesterday I FINALLY got around to calling another recruitment company to talk to them about getting a new job. I spoke to them for about 5 minutes on the phone yesterday and the woman couldn’t stop gushing about what a wonderful phone voice I have (hey – everyone’s got their something!) so I emailed my CV at about 4.55pm and they called me this morning at 7.30 to see if I could come in for an interview… WTF??? 7.30am???? Who calls at such an uncivilised hour?

I missed the call as I was in the shower and my phone was in my handbag so they finally got a hold of me at 8.30. I tried to arrange the interview for tomorrow but they asked if today would be ok instead – very odd.

Anyway, I have an interview with the agency this afternoon so fingers crossed for me! The really funny thing is that they wanted one reference for each company you have worked for in the last 5 years – I’ve only worked for one company in the last 5 years so that page looks a little sad. I might throw a couple of extras on there for them as I think they’re going to want more then one somehow….


Oh, I have made up my mind that I am staying here a little longer – a blogger pointed out to me yesterday that I haven’t actually made that official yet so please consider this to be the official announcement. I have no idea how long it will be for. I would like to be home in time for my birthday and that’s in October so probably only a few months.

Then I’ll be home in time for summer too….


Now all I have to do is call my boss back home & tell her I won’t be coming back like I was supposed to be… ack – I hate resigning!

Ok, yesterday I got a few emails from Treespotter asking what the heck a ‘cooee’ was and my explanation was fairly crap – it actually left him very confused. So I am going to let Wikipedia explain the concept of it now

Thanks again to Wikipedia - so handy! (Shut up Indy! I don't care how accurate it is! LOL)


Goodness but I found a lot to ramble about yesterday, didn’t I ??? And it seems that it’s continuing today.


I have yet to buy another phone since my last one got broken, I’m still using the old one which is nice as I actually know how to use that. I was playing with MH’s phone the other night (she got one of the new LG ‘Chocolate’ ones – it’s very cute but I had no clue how to use it. I wasn’t even very drunk at that stage either, which isn’t a good sign)

I have been looking at a few phones but frankly, I’m confused as hell about them all! My dad or my brother always buy them for me – I don’t think I have ever actually bought one myself and I have to tell you, there are just WAY too many choices!

Do I get one that I can change the covers on so I can match it to my outfit?? (No – that’s just wanky)

Do I get one that slides or flips open? (Which one will I be less likely to break while drunk?)

Will it fit in the designated little mobile phone holders in all my handbags?? (I hate having to fish for my phone in my handbag – I carry too much crap to be doing that!)

Do I get a pink one? (Because that won’t match if I am wearing red)

Do I get a black one?? (Because that won’t match when I’m wearing brown)

Does it really matter what fucking colour it is?? (It’s a god damn phone)

How many hours standby and talk time do I need…. not to mention memory? (What do I need ‘extra’ memory for anyway??? Can anyone tell me this??)

Do I really need special features?? (I can’t use them as I get all confused so why do I ‘need’ them?)

Does it have a camera function that I will actually know how to use and really, is that such a good idea considering how much I drink sometimes? (Because you know that’s going to cause problems)


Thank Christ I don’t need to worry about a plan – I think my head would explode if I had to work all that out at well!


BTW - Have you all noticed the whole linking thing I've got going on ???? Special thanks to Dusty, who gave me instructions on how to do it first and to Indy who actually sat there and walked me through it when I still managed to get all confused.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Well, any time I can cause confusion, just let me know.

    If you want a recommendation for a phone, try a Motorola V3. It's got all the bits you probably need, the camera is a piece of piss to operate, it weighs bugger all and takes up no space at all.

    Oh, and if you really must, it's also available in pink.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Thanks darl - it wasn't that your instructions were crap - just that I'm a git.

    Thats actually what I had - when I got over here my friends husband picked it for me and i was finally starting to work out where everything was when I dropped it!

    And trust me - I know its available in pink!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home