The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

So what’s it to be??? Fat Ass?? Or Cancer???

It’s a tough choice….

I like chocolate – GOOD chocolate mainly, but in a pinch I’ll settle for anything. Lindt dark chocolate, Cadbury’s Whole Hazelnut Bars, Peppermint Freddo Frogs, Cherry Ripes, Crunchies, Green & Blacks Maya Gold or White with Vanilla…. I love them all. However, as someone was kind enough to point out to me recently, if I keep eating all that shit, I’m ‘gonna get a fat ass’.

The other day I had a chocolate craving – a really, REALLY bad one. Now all the ladies can relate to this I’m sure – we all get them every so often and this one was just crippling me with need.

I fought it for as long as I could and then finally went to the machine in the lunch room only to discover… (insert horror theme music of choice here) … it was EMPTY of chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH!

Chips just weren’t going to cut it – I didn’t want Cheese and Onion, Salt & Vinegar, Lightly Salted, Crinkle Cut – I didn’t want ANY of them.

I needed sugar god damnit!

The only sweet thing in the machine was a little something called a ‘Go Ahead’ Bar – a “delicious yogurt flavour topping on light crispy biscuit with a sultana and strawberry filling”…

I have to admit I did consider just ripping open a few sachets of sugar and eating it straight but there was just way too many people standing in the kitchen at the time who were already looking at me strangely since I let lose with a whimper of pain upon seeing the lack of chocolate that to have done so would have left them thinking I was totally nuts.

So in sheer desperation, I purchased a ‘Go Ahead’ bar… I must admit I wasn’t getting my hopes up too high… how wrong I was.

Sweet Mary Mother Of God those things are so damn sweet I nearly threw up! Only 2g of fat and 72 kcal per slice, I don’t even need to worry about what it’ll do to my ass – I burn more energy then that just typing for gods sake.

The only down side is they are probably going to give me cancer – there are so many fucking chemicals in them that I refuse to believe that anyone could actually say they are ‘good for you’ and still keep a straight face.

So, what’s it to be??? Fat ass, or cancer????

8 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Go-ahead bars are frickin magic in a wrapper! So incredibly sweet they make your teeth itch but still so totally worth it!

    And I'm picturing the horror film music as the slasher scene filler to Psycho along with the mandatory rapid zooming in and out on the scene.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Russ - thanks darl - I knew I could count on you for that one...

    Dusty - I nearly gagged the first time I had one it was so sweet!!!! i break them out in an emergency now.

    Thats a good one, I don't know if anyone can top that??

     
  • At 8:08 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    A classic reworked I reckon. Maybe we should take footage of you throughout the day and put a soundtrack to it?

     
  • At 11:03 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    Admin, that would work if we could cure her of her aversion to being photographed...

    ...I know maybe if we let her run around with a hockey mask like Jason, she'd be happy.

    Giggles, maybe you should keep some chocolate in your drawer...but that would probably last about a minute.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - so not ever going to happen.

    Indy - bite me. :-P

     
  • At 9:10 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Although honesty forces me to admit that you are probably right about the chocolate not lasting long.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    It rpobably doesn't matter what you do...everywhere you look it seems like cancer is going to get you some how...so the question is do you want a fat ass? ~wink~

     
  • At 9:32 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Hey, its not like I have to look at it !

    I just have to try to fit it into my clothes... hmmm....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home