The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Conversations - #1

A couple of interesting / amusing ones over the weekend - here's one of them....

AO is a friend of mine back home – he’s gay, he’s a smart ass, he’s funny as hell and he’s also pretty hot. On Sat I got a call from him while he was off his face – if he’d called 30 seconds earlier it could have been very inconvenient but his timing was perfect.

So as I was lying in bed catching my breath, we had the following conversation..

AO: Have you got a man yet?
Me: Nup
AO: What?? What is this??? Do you know, I was talking to my friend X – you’ve met X right?
Me: Yes, ages ago.
AO: She’s hot, right?
Me: Hell yes.
AO: Well she’s over there in London too and she hasn’t got a man either – and unlike you, she’s actually trying – and I was saying to her – what is this?? Why are all the ugly people that we went to school with settled and married with kids and stuff and we – the beautiful ones – aren’t ?? And then there’s you so that just reinforces my theory – WHATS GOING ON ?????? Do I have to be ugly to get a guy?

He paused for a moment for me to respond but I was too busy laughing

AO: Nah – even for the sake of having a partner, I still wouldn’t want to be fat or ugly or something.
Me: (Still laughing) Maybe its because ugly people grab the first thing that comes along because they think they can’t do better…. Does that work for you?
AO: … (thinks about it for a minute) …. Yes. Actually, that does work for me. I think that I would rather be single and hot then an ugly fatty boomba with a man knowing I can’t do any better. Thank you – I’m feeling much better now – here’s JO.

And handed the phone on before I could say another word….

That boy cracks me up – he’s so easy sometimes – stroke the ego and all is well in his world…..

2 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Gay boys make THE best friends evar!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    They do make good friends and this one is particularly good - I despised him when i first met him - he's loud, he is totally obnoxious and manages to offend people simply by walking into a room. Once you get used to him though, he is hilarious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home