The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sick again

I have another cold - this time I got it by running round Covent garden half naked on Tues night with the girls before they headed home.

I have a bottle of coke on my desk at the moment and I am seriously considering snorting some of it just to clean my sinuses out.

I've had 3 times the max dosage for the strongest sudafed I could get my hands on so I'm a bit skitish at the moment.

Anyway - brief update on tuesday night - out with N, T & D to Covent Garden, dinner at a Spanish place then on to a cocktail bar that I love and proceeded to get very drunk.

The bar tender fell in love with us - we fell in love with his free pours.

D had to leave early to go pick up his father from the airport, N, T & I stayed on.

The crap part of the evening came when Bastard/Cheating/Cunting ex called me again - he gets a post all of his own coming to you soon - I cant be bothered right now though.

The MOST exciting thing about the night was that the carousel is back in Covent Garden!!!!!!!!

I LOVE that carousel and was bereft when they took it away so when I looked up the piazza and saw it glowing softly golden in the distance, I stopped, rubbed my eyes and did a little tap dance of sheer joy then grabbed the girls by the wrist & dragged them post-haste towards it.

They were actually bent over almost double I was dragging them along behind me so quickly. Hehe

I don't think I've ever moved so fast in all my life - no, not even when new stock arrived at my fave shoe shop - admittedly because the girls know me and put away shoes in my size that they think I'll like so there's no chance I'll miss out on them, but whatever....

I then insisted that we all go on the carousel so they could see how much fun it was. They were marginally soothed by the fact that everyone else on it was an adult too (ok, except maybe me)and then once it started they all admitted that it was quite fun.

We froze our asses off but it was so worth it.

I went on it twice.

So my inner child isn't terribly repressed - what of it ??

5 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Awww ya poor wee thing. Stay warm and get some drugs into ya!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    Repressed...you...NEVER !!! ~grin~

     
  • At 8:23 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    I'm starting a fricken' cold - you must be highly contagious...must have been from reading your blog. *sneezes* meh.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Puss In Boots said…

    Ooh! I heart carousels! Which is weird, since I'm actually petrified of horses (it's a height thing).

     
  • At 9:23 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Steph - Boots tried to fob me off with sub-par drugs yesterday but I was on to them!!! I'm triple dosing as a matter of course so I should be ok soon and if I'm not, I'll be off my fucking head anyway so who cares right?

    Indy - bite me.

    Nick - sorry about that... now don't forget to please disinfect your keyboard....

    Puss - Really? You're scared of horses?? I love them! And this carousel ROCKS I love it soooooo much. If a man ever wanted to win my heart, he'd propose to me on a carousel. Simple really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home