The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday....

Hi There! Feeling much better today, still not feeling perky but making an effort to do so… I just had a Cadbury’s whole nut chocolate bar for breakfast so that should perk me up double quick.

Something tells me I am PMS’ing… or I’m about to anyway…

My sex drive has just hit overdrive - when I am still in an ‘I need sex NOW’ phase, add a good dose of PMS to that and I become a menace to society as well as myself. I have one scratch mark that is right where my underwire for my bra sits and it keeps bleeding and it's driving me crazy. I spent most of the weekend either playing solo or having phone sex with an ex back in Oz. (He called - it wasn’t my phone bill so good).

Anyway, on Friday night we went & saw Walk The Line. Now I have never had any interest in Johnny Cash or his music but as Memoirs Of A Geisha was sold out (we were late leaving the restaurant), we decided to go see that instead. I am so glad we did. Our main reason for choosing to see it was Joaquin Phoenix.

He has so seriously made it to the top of the list of celebs I would shag in a heartbeat. In fact, I would go so far as to say that not only do I want to marry him and have his babies (or at least practice lots) but he has even knocked Angelina out of the top spot (Gasp!).

So after more discussions with the girls I now have 4 of my top 5 celebs –

Joaquin Phoenix
Angelina Jolie
Robbie Williams
Nicolas Cage

Now if you read that list, do you notice anything? They all have one thing in common, can you tell me what it is???

No??

Alright, I’ll tell you – they are all ever so slightly fucking crazy.

Seriously –how much does that say about me that I find that sexy???

Sheesh

Anyway, only one place left now – I gotta make it count…

So back to the movie – I loved it. I cried, I laughed, I nearly jumped up & let out a cheer when she finally said she’d marry him (oh that is so not a spoiler – don’t start on me!) and I went out & bought the soundtrack the next day.

Think I’m susceptible to marketing much???

I’m a marketers dream.

I am / was particularly impressed by the fact that Joaquin & Reese did their own singing for the movie. One thing I hate is when a movie involves a singing role and the actor doesn’t do it – it ruins the whole experience for me and this movie is a perfect example of how it can be done and done well by 2 people who are not singers but had the advantage of professional training and a bit of help from a computer.

Either way, it was awesome, I think I will have to go get his book now. Passionate people interest me.

So apart from that I didn’t do much over the weekend, stayed in, tried to keep warm, read 4 books. Amused myself and someone on the other side of the world. Waxed, scrubbed, masked, soaked, pedicured etc.

That was pretty much that.

In 4 months time, I will be home.

I will also be cross-eyed with need.

Someone is going to get a call within hours of my landing back in Brisbane. I think I even know who (and no, it’s not phone sex boy).

God damn.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    Very cogently put.

    Glad you're feeling better - wish I lived in Brisbane : )

     
  • At 12:37 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Hahaha - thanks.

     
  • At 1:11 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    Giggle - I saw 'Walk The Line' on my flight over to Singapore. Loved it too. Especially the "will you marry me" bit when she finally said yes.

    And would you believe my list contains crazies too. Not only is Robbie Williams on it, but I've got Steve Buscemi and Tim Roth - not because of their looks but because of the characters that they tend to play. And there are only 3 girls on this planet that I would be interested in - Scotty from Mythbusters, Angelina, and the gorgeous post-op transexual at my Club who's aiming to be a Bond Girl.

    Now go and rent a copy of the first season of US Queer As Folk and tell me you wouldn't put Gale Harold (who plays Brian) on your list. He's my #1.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    'Melda - God I just loved it - one for the DVD collection for sure!

    What is it with the crazy people? I just don't get it... Will certainly make an effort to check it out.

    I don't think anyone with a pulse could NOT want to shag Angelina. If you don't want to sleep with her, get back in your coffin for chrissake - you'll scare people! lol

    Dollop - lol - Amazing how quickly the time goes...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home