The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday...

Well I had a boring weekend in the sense that I didn’t really do anything too exciting – went home early on Fri as I was so tired & was going to do my grocery shopping on the way so I wouldn’t have to worry about it on the weekend but by the time I got off the tube I was about ready to pass out so needless to say that didn’t happen, went home & straight to bed & woke up at 8.30.

Drifted round the house until about 10 when I tried to go to sleep again, unfortunately I had had just enough sleep that I was unable to so I spent the rest of the night staring at the ceiling.

Sat morning MH & I went into Oxford St & had breakfast at Carluccios which was great then wandered round the shops.

While we were having afternoon tea (scones with tea, naturally) MH pointed out that most people who know me have this insatiable urge to buy me things. She had just insisted on buying me a lip gloss, not because I need more lip glosses as I actually own pretty much every juicy tube and dior addict gloss in existence (including all the limited edition ones) but simply because she knew I would think it was cool as it has a mirror on the side and a light in the wand so that you can see to apply your gloss if you are in a nightclub or something. (How cool is that????) and she knew how excited I would be.

Last time it was picture frames, this time it was lipgloss… I’ve put in an order for an AP corset next… I want the red one… I don’t think she’s going to get it for me though… lol

I never actually stopped to think about it before but she’s right – people are always buying me things and it’s very odd. I don’t know why as its not as if I ask them to and seeing as I am picky about the motivation behind gifts it surprising that I never realised this before. It’s weird.

Anyway, convinced her to buy some AP, she’s convinced no one is ever going to see it but her but I pointed out that she’s the only one who really matters anyway so why not?

Headed home to meet up with the girls as we were having a girls night in. Watched chickflicks, did S’s hair, watched SS get very drunk on gin and then waxed eyebrows, scrubbed, masked etc. Had a great night.

No one got near my hair. I am not making that mistake again.

Sun I was dying or at least wishing I would. I have been trying to cut back on the amount of pharmaceutical items I take as at one stage there I was taking way too many but unfortunately I had to give in and just double the dose fo everything and take it all together. You know things are bad when you’ve exceeded the maximum daily dosage and its only 11am….

It wasn’t until I started drinking the wine though that I actually noticed I was feeling any better.

And while I ma on the topic of illness, what the hell is going on with my immune system??? Normally I can sit in the office and not catch a single cold / flu / virus that will totally decimate the rest of the building. Since I have been over here I have had 6 colds, the flu, the chicken pox (which I have NEVER had before) and now this chest infection / cold thing… this sucks. About the only other thing I haven’t had is measles… if I get that I am going to be very very unhappy.

So I am at work today. Big boss doesn’t seem to be in yet (fingers crossed!) but my direct manager is back & she’s still in holiday mode (she’s a Kiwi) so she doesn’t really care what we’re all doing. Phew.

Anyway, I’m off to take more drugs… ‘scuse me….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home