The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's like... you know...

Why do people keep sending me discount e-vouchers for clothes shops????

How many times do I have to say it???

I AM ON A SHOPPING BAN

That’s just cruel.

It’s like taking an alcoholic to a bottle shop.

xoxox

What the heck is going on with the traffic in this city?

I had to drive into work today (I missed my train from all 3 possible stations) (shut up, don’t harass me, I am already cranky enough at having to pay $30 parking) and was gobsmacked at the idiots on the road. Personally, I blame the Mexicans – they come up here and drive like they are still in Sydney/Melbourne/Adelaide (tick as appropriate). Bear in mind that I am not actually knocking any of those places, its simply that every state has things that their drivers are cr*p at, for example, Qld drivers cannot merge for love nor money. They are officially sh*te at it, but Queenslanders also know that no one else out there can merge, so they expect it. But now all these drivers from other state are bringing all their bad habits to Qld roads and the result is gridlock.

It’s like my idea of hell.

You see, I suffer from road rage. When I was younger, I actually used to sometimes get out of my car and abuse people. That didn’t happen very often, but it did happen. Usually though, I just screamed vicious insults (mostly with the windows up, so I wouldn’t offend anyone with small children), or punched the steering wheel. I stopped doing that when I realised that in addition to being possibly a little unreasonable and scary, it was just plain bad form and sometimes, people carry knives or guns.

I can’t remember how many times I have momentarily wished for a gun.

Nowadays, I have calmed down a LOT (no, really, I have) and tend to content myself with swearing under my breath or in a normal tone of voice. It’s not too often that you will find me punching the steering wheel but it does happen every so often. This morning was one of those times.

If I could remember to use the horn more often, I probably would feel a lot better, but when I need the horn, I am usually so outraged and so busy swearing that I forget where it is (yes, on the steering wheel, leave me alone) and by the time I find it and hit it, the idiot who upset me is long gone and the only person who gets the s**t scared out of them is the innocent bystander, and that’s hardly nice, is it?

I can’t help being an aggressive driver, god knows, I have tried. I seem to be calming down as I get older, but I still get irritated very easily. That’s just a part of my personality, I think. I am easily irritated even when I am out from behind the wheel. The only good thing about it is that I get over it just as quickly.

My sister pointed out to me once that its actually a lot healthier to let it all out by screaming and shouting and I think she’s right, I will probably never be one of those people who suddenly snaps and walks into a building with a loaded gun and shoots 30 people. I will walk in there and scream at them, possibly even throw things (staplers, usually. So if you upset me, lock the stationery cabinet) but I wouldn’t kill anyone or even wish death on anyone.

Except the f**ker who made me miss that really long set of lights this morning because she was too busy applying her mascara.

That b**ch needs to die.


xoxox

Someone needs to make chocolate / peppermint yoghurt that actually tastes good. I don’t mean a chocolate peppermint whip, or a mousse, or a dairy dessert, I mean, a yoghurt.

And it needs to be low in sugar and no more than 1% fat, please.

When I get sweet cravings, I normally have some black cherry yoghurt (that and lemon meringue are about the only types I eat) but I’m getting a bit over black cherry yoghurt at the moment and am really craving a chocolate peppermint slice from the café downstairs.

This is made worse by the fact that someone actually bought me one so I now have it sitting on my desk looking at me and calling my name.

It’s like water torture.


xoxox

Once again, I am on tenterhooks today.

This is very annoying.

Someone mentioned I need an 'Off' switch.

I think they may be right.

xoxox

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home