The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, November 20, 2006

Dumbfounded

I came back to my desk after a break (from doing nothing) this afternoon to find an email sitting in my inbox from cheating ex -

"You don't like me very much any more, do you"


I sent back "No"


Then I got one that said "You never talk to me any more, I remember once you drove half way across town just to give me a hug because I was down... I miss that"


I sent back "You can't have it all your own way. I got tired of giving and getting nothing back. It was a long time ago and I have moved on. In all honesty I don't think we had much in common to begin with and we have even less now"


He replied with "I'm sorry, i didn't mean for it to come across that way. If you think we had nothing in common then what was the attraction?"


I said "It was a long time ago and it really doesn't matter anymore. I suspect my honest response to that question wouldn't reflect too favourably on either of us. Let it go. This conversation is over."


He came back with "I'm sorry"


I ignored it and logged off for the day.


He never ceases to amaze me.


And not in a good way.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home