The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Loooong Update

Good things –

My daily hug quota is through the roof.

I got 4 full body slam style hugs yesterday and another 3 today.

I have already established contact with all my referral contacts in other departments who I can trust to do the right thing.

I found a couple of apartments online that I really like today. I should be out of mum & dad’s place very soon. Thank goodness.


Not so good things –

Cheating ex came up behind me at the lights this morning as I was standing there half asleep and hugged me (copping a good feel while he was at it), before I even realised it was him. What a way to screw up my morning. My skin literally crawled for the next half hour at least. I can't wait to have a shower tonight.

His current manager is a bitch with a big mouth (yep, even bigger then mine) and she informed me today that on Friday he will be the one to sit down with me and run over the changes to their department (his dept and mine work very closely together). If she didn’t have such a big mouth I could explain to her why that is not a good idea but I don’t really want it filtering, distorted, through the call centre. One of my friends works in his area and she warned me that it was going to be him that did it before the bitch came to see me. My friend tried to get the job but the bitch wouldn’t let her as she knows this girl and I are friends. I might try to have that meeting take place on the floor rather then in a meeting room.



So on Monday I rocked up for training. What a crock.

4 ½ weeks all up – 1 ½ weeks of induction training then a week of product training, followed by 2 weeks of buddying.

All in all, a month of hell.

Monday morning was spent walking round the 3 floors we have in that building, learning where all the teams are and so forth (ie. All the shit I already knew).

Everywhere we stopped there would be squeals and gasps followed by people running over to hug me and say ‘Hi’. I did learn though, that the words ‘Giggles is back!” when said in a sibilant hiss, carry a looooooooong way in an office environment. It was like watching a colony of meerkats, actually. Very funny. And surprising. I was looking forward to seeing everyone again but had no idea that they would be so happy to see me. It’s a nice thing to be liked. It’s not the be all and end all, but its better than a kick in the pants, that’s for sure. Warm fuzzies all round.

The afternoon was spent with me bored out of my skull. I don’t even remember what The Trainer was talking about as I totally zoned out.

Tuesday was all about compliance. It was scheduled to take the whole of Tuesday and part of Wednesday. I didn’t even bother reading the training, just went straight to the assessments and passed them all with 100% correct in roughly 3 hours all up.

While everyone else in the group continued with training, I went and listened in on some calls.

Amusingly enough, the person I was sitting with (The joker) was someone that I actually trained back when I was in the team originally. Listening to one call as he tried to explain something to a woman who didn’t (want to) understand what he was telling her, I was sitting there hissing “Say it like this!” Sure enough, it worked.

He got off the phone, looked at one of the seniors and demanded to know what the hell I was doing in training. Especially in view of the fact that they are well below FTE at the moment and are getting totally fucking hammered.

I walked back into the training room at the end of the day and the trainer asked me how it went. I asked when I could get back onto the floor. I pointed out that it was a total waste of her time to have me there, it was a waste of my time to be there and it was a complete waste of company time and resources to train me in things I already knew.

So off she went to talk to my manager about how soon they could get me out there, my manager started laughing and when TT asked her why, she said that she had been wondering how long it would take me to get the shits and start demanding to be allowed to get on with it.

Then she did a little jig of joy.

So today I completed 3 more pieces of compliance (IT hadn’t loaded them onto my profile yesterday and it was only when I asked if we didn’t have to do those ones anymore that they went looking and discovered that actually, yes they should be there. Idiots.) which took me a grand total of 15 mins and then spent the rest of the day surfing the net, wandering round the 3 floors talking to people and generally faffing around.

I couldn’t get on the phones as IT hadn’t created a phone sign on for me yet.

It was a very long day.

Tomorrow is the corporate day (what to wear!!!) and then Friday, I have a brush up on product changes and department process changes and then I will be back into it.


The joker is the teams current referral king.

Time for me to show him how it’s really done.

Heh.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home