The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Saturday, November 11, 2006

More unasked for advice.

On Thursday was a bit of a mixed day - I was on my way to visit C when work called & asked me to drop in to sign contracts etc, which I was quite happy to do.

When I got there, my manager was away from her desk so I was just chatting to some of the team while I waited. As I was drifting about the office, I looked up and who should I see heading straight for me but cheating ex.

That was a fun conversation. Not. Mercifully brief, as the person I was waiting for got off the phone a couple of minutes after he walked up to me, but still longer then I would have liked.

He managed to look at my face twice, I think – the rest of the time his eyes were glued to my chest.

*sigh *


Anyway, my manager and her manager were so excited to be told I was in the office that they instantly abandoned the meeting they were attending and came running up to see me. It was rather amusing – I looked up and they were on me, big hugs all round.


From there I headed out to C’s place, finally made it there, played with her little boy until he was exhausted, put him to bed for a nap and then we settled in for a good long chat.

Her new husband came in while we were cooking dinner and joined in the conversation, I bathed the terror then we all had dinner (which was awesome – I remember when that girl couldn’t boil water without burning the fuck out of it) and then we headed back to the lounge room where her hubby settled in front of the tv and she and I kept catching up.

(This is where the unasked for advice comes into it.)

You know how normally, when 2 girls are catching up, the guy (/s) will tune them out and either talk themselves or (if alone) watch tv???

Her husband looked like he was watching tv, but he was actually listening to us. (Sneaky). More to the point, he was listening to what I wasn’t saying, not just what I was.

Mid conversation, he turned to us and said “He’s just not that into you”

C and I stopped, looked at each other, looked at him then back at each other.

“I’m sorry” he continued, “but clearly, he’s not. And lets face it – I’m a guy and clueless as I am, even I can see that”

C and I looked at each other again.

C immediately changed the topic.

Way to weird me out.

I hate unasked for advice.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home