The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, November 20, 2006

When did that happen?

Me: Ok, I’ll plan for that.
C: You and your planning!
Me: I don’t plan everything!
C: Giggles, you’re a planner now, deal with it.
Me: But-!
C: Deal!
Me: I'm not, am I ???
C: (silence)
Me: When did that happen?? I never used to be!!!
C: Ooooh … maybe around about the same time that you became a control freak?
Me: Really ??
C: Ya!
Me: Ohhhhhh….. oh…. Well, we both know where that came from.
C: Yeah, pretty much. But ever since, the more out of control you are feeling, the more anal you get about forward planning… and the more bl**dy lists you make!
Me: Whats wrong with lists???!!! I like lists!
C: Gigs, a lot of people don’t make lists at all, a lot of people make incomplete lists, a lot of people make lists and lose them, you make the most comprehensive lists known to womankind and then check them off, point by point.
Me: Why do you say that like it’s a bad thing??? ….. And I don’t follow them when I’m shopping! Not even when I am grocery shopping!
C: Shopping is like the one exception with you. And the reason you don’t follow them when you grocery shop is because you see one ingredient, get inspired and PLAN a whole meal /menu around that ingredient and then run off to buy the things you need to make it.
Me: SEE! THAT’S SPONTANEOUS!
C: Twat.


That's the third person to give me shit for forward planning in the last 3 days.

I may need to have a think about this.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    I make lists and then i lose them.
    *sigh*

     
  • At 1:07 AM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    So basically you are an anal-list maker who has a stalking X...wow, the things I learnt about you today. ~grin~

     
  • At 2:13 AM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Steph - I'm weeping in horror at the thought!!!! My lists are surgically attached! If one of them does go missing, i get very upset!

    Yes, I know that's sad.

    Indy - Don't mock the afflicted, it's not kind!

    And for some reason, your phrasing strikes a little off...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home