The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sad.

Remember a while ago I said a friend of mine got engaged???


Well, they’ve split.

Ouch.

It got very nasty but it has all been sorted now (they had property together – let that be a lesson to you all).

Anyway, extract of the conversation:

Me: Holy shit, so are you doing ok?
Him: Yeah, I’m fine.
Me: (suspiciously) Are you doing the guy thing?
Him: What’s the guy thing?
Me: That thing guys do where they say its ok but it’s not really.
Him: What’s to talk about? We were together, now we aren’t.
Me: GAH!!!!!

I really hate the guy thing.

It also really shits me that I am over here – as are all my girl friends that he knows. (Well, 2 of them are over here, another is there, but 6 mths pregnant and has a very jealous bf so it’s not like he’s going to be taking her out to dinner anytime soon).

Sorry – to clarify that – normally in this situation, he would take one of my friends out to dinner – somehow dinner with a smart, beautiful woman always helps.

And I’d like to point out that it is JUST dinner – no shenanigans – besides from the fact that he is a gentleman, he knows if he touches one of my friends and he’s not serious then I’ll kick his ass.

Or nag him to death.

Either way, it’s going to be painful.

Anyway, I’ll think of something to do for him. All good.

Although suggestions would be welcome.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    Either help him find someone to spend the night with...or arrange a night where he can be surrounded by gorgeous women, who genuinely see the good in him, see him as attractive, and offer the glimpse that another woman will one day want him.

    Rejection at this level for a man, attacks the very core of who he believes he is and the point from which he builds his identity.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Indy, he doesn't need help finding someone to spend the night with!

    He has no trouble on that score.

    Its more the second one that the girls came in handy with...

    *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home