The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekend

Fri night I finished work & met K2 – she actually works near me now which is slightly exciting – even if it is only for a couple more days.. Anyway, we wandered up to Brick Lane for a curry – at ourselves stupid for a grand total of £7 and then rolled on back towards Liverpool St, stopping in at a couple of pubs and a champagne bar along the way. We spent quite a bit of time in that champagne bar.

They do very good Bellini’s.

I wish I knew how to find it again.

Anyway, up on Sat morning, which was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Seriously – it was just the most beautiful day – 25 degrees, a light breeze, nary a cloud to be seen… just perfect.

I spent the morning sitting in the garden checking through every history book I own (I have a lot more then I realised – my room still looks like a bombsite as a result) for references to Hampton Court and it’s history, then MH & I headed off to Hampton Court for the day. A picnic lunch on the grounds, which included lots of cartwheels by me and then off to explore.

I’m in love.

The palace was great, but what I am totally in love with though is the rose gardens. I took more pictures of flowers then of the palace (you can’t take pics inside anyway). But the rose gardens!!!!! *Swoon* You could get drunk on the perfume alone – who needs booze???? (And lets face it, coming from me, that’s a big call!!!) They were magnificent. If there is a heaven, it must have a rose garden.





Anyway, after wandering through the palace and gardens, we ended up having afternoon tea there. I think it’s safe to say that we are over our afternoon tea phase – scones with jam & cream + tea just don’t cut it when it’s sunny and warm. Thank Christ. The amount of clotted cream I used to put on them, I’m sure I could feel my arteries hardening a little more each time.

We headed home at about 6. We were supposed to go to a BBQ that night that some Aussie friends were having (never let the English cook a BBQ, they have no clue what they are doing) but we were both too tired so piked.

Sunday was also beautiful but I woke up in a world of hurt – I had worn flat shoes the day before and I was complaining about how sore my feet were, but I totally forgot to think about what all that walking in flat shoes would do to my calves and hamstrings – ACK! The muscles in my feet were so sore that it felt like I was being stabbed every time I took a step and my calves were sore as hell.

Fucking flat shoes.

Sunday was shopping with MH, I bought some more pants and a couple of shirts that I am actually planning to return as I’ve decided I don’t like them now. Dinner at Oxford St then home.

I am totally loving this – sunny days!!!!!!!!! Oh thank you god – thank you so much!!! Fucking FINALLY!

I knew we had to get sun at some stage!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Greg said…

    Lovely flower pick but since i'm well into winter here the sound of jam and cream scones sounds rather nice to me.

    Damn now i am thinking about scones

     
  • At 12:44 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Heh - they are pretty good, make sure you have LOTS of jam and only clotted cream will do!

     
  • At 12:32 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    See? We do get some decent weather here.

    Well, that must be all four days for the year used up now. We're into borrowed time from future years if we get any more.

    Oh, and I object to being told that I can't do a decent BBQ! But then, I was raised in Florida so I've got a teensy bit more experience than many in Blighty when it comes to sticking meat on fire.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - Its the best weather I've seen since I got here !!!! So exciting!!!!

    I don't care if you borrow from future years - I wont be here so I won't miss them!

    And I will exclude you from that sweeping generalisation then, ok?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home