The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, June 05, 2006

Heh

I was just on my way back from the ladies (yes, I'm still dashing to the ladies 10 times a day to.. umm.. 'entertain' myself) and one of the girls I worked with stopped me for a chat. Funnily enough, she mentioned how wonderful my skin is - clear, with slightly flushed cheeks... I have no idea how I managed to keep from smirking when she asked what I do to keep it looking that way.

Heh.

Now, I have to admit, I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, infact, I was not only 15 mins late to work today, I am not wearing any makeup at all - not even mascara - and I didn't have time to straighten my hair so its a mass of curls today (which always looks messy - hence my love of hair straighteners) and I threw on the first thing to come to hand - a pale green silk/linen shift dress and hot pink stilettos.

Interestingly enough, I have had more compliments today then I think (know) I have had in ages - according to one of my workmates, he's never seen me look more beautiful...

'Beautiful' ???? Fuck me, how nice is that???? A bit OTT perhaps (definitely) but still.... Its nice enough to get compliments on days when you've made an effort, but to get them when you've made no effort at all is even better!

What a great day.

15 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    No one ever tells me I'm beautiful.

    *sniff*

     
  • At 4:24 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    same here.

    and why are we still not getting pictures?

     
  • At 4:26 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    and well, on the other thing, with most girls, i do believe they look a lot better on a good day without make ups. even when there're professional makeup artists and all that.

    there's nothing like a real smile sparkling.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - thats because we just figured you already knew! Heh

    Treespotter - *sigh* you're beautiful too, ok?? Geez...

    *mutters* big buncha girls...

    And like most girls, I assure you, we'd far rather wear makeup - its one of the fun bits of being a girl!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Still like to be told.

    *sniff sniff*

     
  • At 11:20 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    10 times a day? I take it you're not a screamer then...otherwise the cops would be around, "'allo, 'allo, 'allo then - where's the murder?"

    Maybe it's the clear skin, slightly flushed cheeks, and dilated pupils, not to mention the silly grin that your coworker finds beautiful. Clearly masturbation becomes you m'dear.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - Fine! *sigh* you're beautiful too!

    Bloody hell - my girlfriends don't even ask for that!

    Nick - Nope, silent scream - it's allllll about the silent scream....

    You may be on to something there - the glazed eyes would have to give it away... either that or they think I'm an alco & nipping in there to swig some vodka...

     
  • At 2:05 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    So if wanking is the key to beauty, it looks like I'm consigned to the ugly bin for eternity.

    P.S. Curly hair? Bitch.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    And sex Im's - its supposed to be very good for the complexion - boosts circulation and all that, so you're in with a chance!

    Curly hair IS a bitch! If it was ordered curl it would be great, but no matter what i do, unless I straighten it, it always looks like I've just rolled out of bed - particularly now while its so short!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Dammit! Now I can't say that nobody ever says I'm beautiful!

    What'll I do for sympathy now?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Tell em you're English....

     
  • At 12:47 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    Ahh, bed hair, glazed eyes and a certain pheremonic post orgasmic aroma about you - hence the "beautiful" tag - it's all about the pheremones, m'dear.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    please don't call me beautiful. it makes me all giggly.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Nick - you mean I'm not really beautiful???? Oh...

    Treespotter - heh, beautiful!

    Are you red yet?

     
  • At 10:18 AM, June 08, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    Yes, you are beautiful - the pheremones enhance that - you know a bit like vaseline on a lens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home