The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend

So……

Fri night got to Swindon at about 10, headed back to AL & C's and started drinking.

Not too sure what time we went to bed.

Sat morning up at 9.30 and feeling pretty average - moderately awful if we are going to be totally honest.

Cooked a big breakfast and off we went.

First stop was Avebury – I have been there before with AL & C but N & T (obviously) have never seen it.

Its rather impressive. We made sure to stop by the witches trees again (there is a stand of 3 trees on top of the earth works that the local witches use in their 'ceremonies' and there's always shit hanging off them and flowers at the base etc).

As we were walking away from the tree, we each put our left hand on it to steady ourselves, except for T who tripped over an exposed tree root and grabbed it with both hands to stop herself from falling over.

What was weird was that we had all had fucking cold hands up until that point and after touching the tree, our left hands were warm – except for T who suddenly had 2 warm hands.

How odd.

And it wasn’t until about 5 mins later when N saw me looking at my left hand a little perplexed as to why it was suddenly so warm and I noticed AL doing the same thing that it was mentioned and noted – so it wasn’t as if we all discussed it and convinced ourselves and each other that we had one warm hand when we didn’t really.

Anyway, after that we headed off to Stone Henge. Again, I had seen it before but I still found it awesome. I really wish I could put into words my response to it but I'll have to settle instead for a pathetic 'it's awe-inspiring'.

We also had lunch and part of that was (I have to say) the BEST fucking scone with jam & clotted cream I have ever had in my life.

Sorry- with me its always about the food isn't it ??? *Sigh* Me and my 3 track mind.

Back in the car and on to Bath.

Now Bath would have to be one of my favourite cities. Don't ask me why I am living in miserable fucking London when a city as beautiful as Bath is so readily available. I find it thoroughly enchanting and after another visit to the Roman Baths and a whip through Bath abbey before it closed, we were back in the car and off back to Swindon.

We had just enough time to all have showers & get dressed before C got home from work at 9pm and then off to dinner.

That would have to be one of the funniest fucking dinners I have ever had.

After demolishing the hugest eye fillet known to mankind and drinking some red wine / vinegar, C issued me with a physical challenge that I just couldn't refuse – not that I have ever been able to refuse physical challenges anyway, but you know what I mean.

He challenged me to a dessert eating contest.

My first clue as to what he was up to came when I ordered the particular dessert he had specified and the woman asked me how many spoons I wanted with it.

Hmmm….

It was 6 scoops of chocolate ice-cream, 2 scoops of vanilla, choc fudge layered through it with white chocolate buds, choc fudge balls, small pieces of flake, whipped cream & more white choc buds with home made caramel sauce.

All this on top of a brownie.

There's nothing I like more then a challenge but even I was wondering if I had bitten off more then I could chew here…. So to speak….

In the end, I didn't finish it – nearly made it but I decided it was far more important to be able to keep drinking then to eat ice-cream (its all a matter of priorities people!!) admittedly by that stage it was only the vanilla that was left so that made it an easier decision to make.

I did however, kick C's ass – he left twice as much as me so he now has to perform a physical challenge / punishment of my choice.

I'm thinking of making him come shopping with his wife and I and making him carry all our bags & he's not allowed to complain at how much we spend.

Trust me – that's evil.

He'll be in physical pain with that one.

Another late night of drinking. Those bastards know how I feel about scary movies (or any movie that involves suspense/murder etc) and tried to make me watch 'Wrong Turn' – just because they are evil bitches.

2 deaths and 2 mins into the movie, I had to leave the room.

I spent the rest of the movie hiding out and flinching every time I could hear something gruesome.

No idea what time we got to bed.

My parents are away on holidays at the moment so a very quick call to them to say hi on Sun am and then downstairs to cook breakfast and then we were supposed to head off to see a castle.

In the end we didn’t make it – N is a bit sick and we were all so fucked that we decided not to bother – just sat around the house and watched tv and talked – until they decided to watch Wolf Creek so I left the room and went & read a bit more of my book.

We also watched ‘Without A Paddle’ and I laughed myself stupid the entire way through it.

Headed home, I cooked dinner, we watched a bit of tv and then I crashed out.

T is going to do some art galleries today and N is staying at home to rest up (N isn’t into art) so tonight we may be staying in as I don’t think it’s a good idea for N to go out too much while she’s sick & tomorrow night we have a night out planned with D.

I just want to be at home, in bed, sleeping. Having said that however, I am in a fucking great mood and am feeling distinctly perky.

I feel terrible for saying it but I am looking forward to them leaving – to be able to go home at night, cook my dinner and go to my room and read a book or listen to music rather then feeling that I have to stay in the living room and talk, to be able to walk into the living room without tripping over bags, doonas etc, to be able to open the fridge and look at my shelf and only have food there that I want to eat, to be able to go to bed early and get a good nights sleep… I need sleep more then anything right now.

Yes – even more then sex.

That’s when you know it’s bad.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Sometimes too much of a good thing is BAAAAD. Trust me, or my liver, on this.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    I hear you

     
  • At 11:24 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    I used to live near Bath when I was posted to a unit in Colerne. It's a lovely place but I still think it can't hold a candle to London (but then I would say that, wouldn't I?)

    Did you get to see the blue guy who pretends to be a statue?

    Tks for the comment this morning! I'll be back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home