The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, March 27, 2006

No one here but us chickens

So… Fri night was good…

We ate ourselves stupid, rolled to the pub, drank more, headed home, drank more, took lots of pics of the girls - they got one of me by pinning me to the ground but thankfully they were then stupid enough to give me the camera to take a pic of them so I deleted it.

I bloody hate photo's.

Anyway, we all then decided to start calling home, now when I got here, I specifically got a network that does cheap calls to Oz - to a landline it costs me 6p a min and to a mobile it costs me 20p a min. At last tally, we spent just over £100 on phone calls because we had 2 phones going at once. It was however very nice to talk to everyone although I suspect it would be nicer if I could remember the conversations now.

Someone got all excited and decided that we should go to Portobello Rd markets in the morning (wtf??) - I knew that was never going to happen and seeing as we got to bed when the sun was already up, it was pretty much a given. I got up at about 11am and we all sat there talking and laughing until about 12 when I started cooking b'fast. Bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, hashbrowns (which I haven't made since I got over here but N offered to grate the potatoes if I'd make them) and toast - we ate ourselves stupid. God I love hot breakfasts. The girls flight to Ireland left at 6pm and we managed to get them there in time. Lucky.

Went home, skipped dinner and just went to bed.

Sunday was morning phone calls to my family - about the only people we didn't call the night before…. Then off to a day spa for the day. I was salt scrubbed, mud wrapped, vichy showered, hot stone massaged and facialed and pedicured to within an inch of my life and it was sheer bliss.

Not to mention it was about all I was good for.

Dinner was raspberries with clotted cream, followed by large amounts of water trying to flush all the toxins out that were giving me the mother of all headaches.

Feeling moderately ok today but I might go get some chinese cupping done. There's no way that yesterday got rid of even 1/4 of the toxins and I am on a serious de-tox until the girls get back from Ireland.

I so wish I could remember all the funny comments of the night because I do remember sitting there a couple of times thinking 'oh my god - I MUST remember to put that on my blog' but I just do not remember what they were.

I didn't realise just how dry my skin had been getting until I had about 10 litres of oil rubbed into it yesterday and today it feels so bloody good. I might have to switch to a heavier body oil for a while.

I'm also thinking about dying my hair back to the dark brown - only because red is so much maintenance and brown is easy. I am getting the shits with needing to be at the hairdressers every 2 weeks.

Apart from that, its all quiet back at the ranch...

8 Comments:

  • At 11:03 AM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Jebus, you need a holiday to recover from those shenanigans. And here i was thinking i had it tough trying to take over the wold.

    I heart hash browns too.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    Ahh, the day after the night(s) before - if ya'd kept the pics, you might remember what the feck you were up to the night before.

    Berocca is your friend!!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Steph, you have NO idea!!!!!! And they are back on Tuesday so it all starts again but this time they aren't leaving until April 5!!!!! I'm screwed!

    Nick - I can't be doing berocca - I just can't, the morning after my sisters wedding I had berocca and I was so ill that everytime I taste it now it takes me back to that morning and I spew.

    And normally, if I forget, its because there is a good reason for it... and I kind of like it that way....

     
  • At 1:31 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    Dying the hair...phew ~sighs in releif~ there are already too many red headed bloggers haunting my world without another one haunting my dreams ~grin~

     
  • At 1:36 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    Eh. Haunting your world/dreams, Indy? I may have to sort you out for that comment.

    Giggle - So bitch, where was my phone call? Might need to sort you out too.

    Anyone else while I'm at it?!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Indy - perhaps use Excel... someone suggested that to me not so long ago as a viable means of keeping track....

    Im's - phone call?? How the fuck am I going to call when I don't have your number, wench!!!!

    And uh, how are you going to sort me out exactly....

     
  • At 12:19 AM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    I'm a big fan of Excel for people tracking purposes.

    You should know my number. It's under G for Lurve Goddess. Der.

    Call me and I'll let you know how I'll be sorting you out.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Sorry Im's - my bad...

    Um... I would call, but now I'm scared! *runs & hides*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home