The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ha - memories... I love them....

Reading Stephs post and her friends response to the guy who didn’t like being rejected reminded me of a time I was out with friends of mine and really really wished for a snappy comeback *sigh * If I’d had a couple of drinks less my smart mouth might not have let me down but .. well…

My best friends A, B, C and I were all out for a big night. (That was accidental, I swear, I didn’t mean to name then like that – they just all have those letters as their first initials).

Whilst at dinner A was checking out the table of men near us and decided to send them a round of drinks. They of course responded in kind and before long they’d spoken to the staff and the two tables had been joined together and the party was on.

We left the restaurant and headed to a bar where a great deal more alcohol was consumed, someone suggested pool and seeing as A, B, C & I are pool sharks (but only when we play together against other people – get us on our own or playing against each other and we are crap – go figure) we joined in. C went home early (she always does) with B who had had a little too much to drink to want to stay out but at the end of the night it was A & myself and one guy who had been remarkably persistent all night – god knows why, I had made it clear I had no interest.

Anyway, at the end of the night he asks if I want to come back to his hotel room, I very politely said ‘thanks but no thanks’ and he persisted… so I said no again – a little more firmly… and he persisted ….finally he pushed me far enough that I simply said “I don’t believe I casual sex, I’m not looking for a relationship and I have enough friends”
He looked at me and said ‘Well what am I here for then?”
“I don’t know – what are you here for?” I replied flatly as I turned to walk off.
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back round to face him and just as i was about to explode he said something that still inspires me with wonder.....

“Do you know who I am???”

I looked at him blankly and just said ‘What????”
“Do you know who I am?? Do you know who you’re talking to??? I’m the lead singer of XXXXX” (Sorry people, I ain’t naming this one)
I just stared at him in blank amazement and finally said “Right… well…. That’s really nice for you… but the answers still no”

For the record – yes, I did know who he was & I still didn’t care. It so wasn’t going to happen.

The best bit of the night though, came when he then immediately went over to my friend A and invited her back to his hotel room with the immortal line “I liked your friend because she had a low cut top on, but I like you for your personality”


Anyone care to guess who he went home with?

Anyone care to guess how much we all laughed over breakfast the next day?


Stupid men.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    I'm guessing:

    1) no-one; and
    2) uproarious laughter.

    Good on you.

    Anyone who perceives themselves to be "important" by their own status as someone who is recognised by the general public - is a self-flagellating, narcissistic child, not deserving of the company of a low-cut-top wearing hottie...

     
  • At 12:52 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Nick - right on both counts - have a milky bar!

    The funny thing is that he actually probably would be recognised as they are fairly popular in Oz - I've been to some of their shows and while it hasn't put my friends or myself off the music, it is still amusing.

    And I don't think he's ever short of a 'low-cut top wearing hottie'...

     
  • At 1:04 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    Spill, bitch! We want names.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Nope - I reserve the right to protect the guilty!

     
  • At 2:32 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    You should have said, " Yeah i know who you are, and i wouldn't root you with a broom handle ya tosser"!!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Steph - I SO wish I'd had a snappy comeback but I was simply too stunned! (Ok, and a little pissed - but not disgracefully so - I'd been on a good streak up until that point!) I will however remember that one for future ref... just in case....

    Russ - Who's he? And I don't know why they don't just give up anyway, you can't replace Michael!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home