The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Friday, April 21, 2006

But ... but ....

You know, a week or so ago, it was getting warmer - I swear it was and then this week it got a bit colder again - wtf is going on up there ???? Who's in charge??? I demand an explanation!

xoxox

I hate meetings.

That’s a bit of a blanket statement actually so I will just clarify - meetings where people are enthusiastic, pro-active and prepared to solve some problems are cool. I like meetings where issues are dealt with and problems are resolved or are at least 'moving forward' *rolls eyes* to being resolved...

If we can do that while I eat Krispy Kremes or chocolate fudge cake (ooh – or those little mini triple choc muffins!!) then I'm even more enthusiastic if such a thing is possible.

What I hate is when people arrange meetings and then spend the whole time waffling on about crap, where they raise an issue and then make no attempt to discover what caused it or what will fix it or prevent it from happening again. How fucking hard is it to work out a process you morons? And d'you think that maybe, juuuuuuuust maybe, if you worked out a process and then followed it (OMG!!) it might not happen again??

Never gonna happen.

*Sigh* I work with idiots.

xoxox

One of my co-workers pointed out a couple of weeks ago now (I guess) that whenever I eat banana's, I only ever eat 3/4 of it. I never noticed it before but she was right - every morning when I have my banana for breakfast, I eat 3/4's of it and then throw the rest in the bin - even if I am still hungry.

I have been trying not to do this ever since she mentioned it and I can't - I just can't do it.

Enough with the banana jokes already.

Buncha perverts.

xoxox

I was talking to C last night and how bedrooms are sanctuaries (or they should be) and then somehow the topic of sex came up and she pointed out to me that I have only ever allowed one of my ex's into my bed - ever since Psycho Boy, not one of my partners has made it through my bedroom door. When I was living at home, I slept with them in the spare bedroom (on the rare occasions they came back to mine) and when I moved out of home, I only ever went back to theirs. They sometimes got through the front door of mine, but they never ever got to even see my bedroom, let alone try out the bed.

Interesting.

(And yes, I’ve replaced the bed I shared with PB – I didn’t want any reminders at all thanks very much)

Xoxox

I despise being a passenger in a car. Partly because I am so used to driving (and I enjoy it) but also it’s the lack of control thing. I am the worst backseat driver in the world and even if I manage not to actually say anything (which is almost physically painful for me), my ‘tch’s’ of annoyance and sighs of impatience are normally very eloquent.

Xoxox

I am totally in love with a Cacharel dress – as soon as I find a pic of it online I will post it for you, I saw it in a mag and I can’t stop thinking about it.

I’m in love.

Xoxox

Someone just gave me a Tim Tam.

I know it’s un-Australian but I just don’t like them.

I will take your arm off for a packet of Arnotts Mint Slice (or when they were doing the strawberry ones I would have killed you for them!!! They were soooooooo good) but I just can’t get into Tim Tams.

My sister and father love that – it means more for them.

Xoxox

Now that its not too long until I come home, I can start eating all the Aussie food that I had my sister send over to me (I was rationing it before so I wouldn’t run out – as you do).

Last night I had Cheezels, Fruit Tingles (the lollies, not the drink) and a White Knight peppermint bar.

I still have just enough red cordial left to make one more drink before I come home – I’m saving that for a special occasion.

Yes, I know that’s sad.

Shuddup.

Xoxox

I am planning a quiet weekend this weekend – just me and my books on the Borgia’s

And of course my Cheezels, Redskins, Cherry Ripes et al.

I hope you all have a great weekend too.

Hugs

10 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Oh, you say that but, low and behold, the next meeting you go to will decry the lack of triple choc muffins and Krispy Kremes and then they'll make no effort whatsoever to rectify this.

    It'll just leave you slavering for processed sugar.

    Such is the way of the corporate world.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - I always check thatthere is going to be processed sugar - no processed suagr = no me.

    They know the rules.

    Russ - once the issues have been resolved, i have no problems sitting there waffling, but FFS - solve the goddamn problems first, natter later!

    And NO! I will not get out of the car! I hate it when people try to do it to me which makes it even worse really doesn't it ???

    I have pulled over to the side of the road before and forced people to drive because they didn't like the way I was driving and the girl only had a licence for an auto & the car was manual so I had to change gears for her anyway! Haha - so worth it though - she never complained again!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    I'm just glad to see that you have your priorities in the right order. For me it was always no proper coffee or no show.

    Oh, and in the UK we have three kinds of weather:

    - cold
    - wet
    - cold and wet

     
  • At 2:45 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Oh, and today you've got the sun back out again.

    Gotta love the weather in Blighty!

     
  • At 4:21 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    I'm totally with you on the Tim Tam thing. I've never got the obsession with them, especially the Tim Tam Slam where you bite off diagonally opposite corners and suck hot drinks up through the guts of the Tim Tam. Yeuck. Way too sweet for me.

    Like you I can happily scoff a pack of Choc Mint Slices in a heartbeat (and the Choc Mandarin slices are scrummy too).

    Have you tried Junior Mints yet? Oh Lordy!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - if I drank coffee I would make that one of my conditions also I can assure you of that! Sat was beautiful!!! What the hell happened on Sunday? The weather over here sucks ass.

    Russ - the only people I change gears for a people who cannot drive a manual and as far as I'm concerned if you can't drive manual then you can't drive at all... are you saying you can't drive?

    Im's - I have the sweet tooth from hell - tell me more about Junior Mints......

     
  • At 8:11 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Quite agree on the weather front (geddit?). I was raised in Florida so you tend to notice these things.

    Nothing like watching a marathon in the pissing wet, is there?

     
  • At 4:49 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    *Groan* I got it... that was sad!

    I didn't watch the marathon - I'd rather watch paint dry then watch sports.

    Olympics swimming, State of Origin, AFL grand finals & F1 aside....

     
  • At 11:38 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Sorry... I'm having an 'off' day.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    One is allowable - just don't do it again please.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home