The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Today

Well that didn’t take long….

I hate my job.

HATE.

Yes, it’s a very strong word, but I now remember why I left this job in the first place.


Mother Duck walked up to me yesterday and said ‘Do you remember what you said to me when you left here ?”
“Nope, what did I say?”
“You said ‘I would rather slash my f**king wrists then work in a call centre again’ … do you remember saying that?”
“Noooooo… but it sounds like something I would say…”



I am however, in the process of changing the situation.


xoxox

I am feeling distinctly perky today.

No idea why, I just am!

It’s quite good really.

It has had a few of those “??!!” moments though.

xoxox

This morning I stopped in at my parents office and heard the following conversation –

R was talking to (yelling at) one of the staff, who happened to become slightly surly throughout the conversation (this is not the right attitude to take with my brother)….

R: *Winding up his ranting* It’s not f**king acceptable!
W: (huffily and clearly not meaning to be taken seriously) Well I guess the only thing I can do is resign then!
R: Your offer is acceptable; I’ll take it as being effective immediately. *Picking up the phone to call the front office* I need someone to prepare W’s final pay immediately. *Listening* because he just f**king resigned, that’s why! *Bangs the phone down* *mutters* I’m surrounded by f**king idiots. *Looks up to see W still standing there with his jaw dropped* What are you still doing here?? You quit – workers comp won’t cover you!
W: ??!!

xoxox

Then I got on the train to come to work… A bunch of private schoolgirls were on my train and sitting / standing fairly close to me.

Girl 1: Can you keep a secret?
Girl 2: Yes
Girl 1: Can you keep a secret?
Girl 3: Yes
Girl 1: Can you keep a secret?
Girl 4: Yes
Girl 1: Can you keep a secret?
Girl 5: Yes
Girl 1: Can you keep a secret?
Girl 6: Yes
Girl 1: Can you keep a secret?
Girl 7: Yes
Girl 1: So can I, otherwise I’d tell you this one.
Girls 2 – 7: ??!!

How cruel is that????? You should have seen the looks on their faces!

xoxox

My third call of the day involved an argument with a supervisor about giving someone a refund on some fees -

S: Why should I authorise that? Give me one good reason!
Me: Because I’m a Princess and I said so! That’s why!
S: ….. I can’t argue with that…. Ok, refund them.
Me: ??!!

I wandered away scratching my head as he had a good laugh at me.

I wonder if that would work all the time?

xoxox

Then I had a very painful ‘conversation’ *ahem* with one of our support department (Pah – ‘support’! A 10 year old Kmart bra would provide more ‘support’ then they do!)


Me: Rant, rant rant. So whose fucking fault do you think it is then?
Stupid Person Who Upset Me By Doing The Wrong Thing: *whining* Well I don’t know but it’s not my fault!
Me: You know what? You’re right – it’s not your fault, it’s not your fault at all. It’s actually MY fault! I’m sorry for yelling at you and I’m even sorrier that I forgot you’re a fucking idiot!
SPWUMBDTWT: ??!!

No, it wasn’t nice and it wasn’t professional … sue me.

xoxox

I really am having a good day though.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home