The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Grump grump grump

I am feeling a little narky today.

I had trouble getting to sleep last night.

I woke up early this morning.

I spoke to my sister and she is planning to go away for a week on holidays at around the same time that I am coming home (and I can't tell her I will be there around then as I want to surprise her... looks like its me who got the surprise!)

It's my birthday soon and it's bad enough that this will be the second year that I haven't been able to celebrate it with my dad (I was born on his birthday so we have always celebrated it together) but all my friends are in London so I wont get to see them either andI am going to have to work on it (I have never worked on my birthday before, in fact, the 2 times I couldn't actually get the day off, I informed my boss that I would come in that day, but there was no way in hell they were getting any work out of me - I was there for cake and presents and that was it. Luckily, they accepted that). No presents on the day either - my family are giving me money or something. Seriously not happy.
I threw out the lemon fairy cakes that were in the fridge (*sob*) because I simply have no self control and if they are there, I will eat them. (This one really hurt, I must admit)


AND

I measured my hips today and no - you are never finding out what they measured (this is why I threw out the fairy cakes... nuff said).


On the plus side -

The old couple are both doing well today and she hasn't obsessed about the cat once (some kind of record for sure).

I got new shampoo and conditioner today (so I get to open the bottles tonight - this is the level of excitement my life has been reduced to by doing this job - and yes, I am fully aware of how sad that is) but do you KNOW how hard it is to find Sebastian products in this town?????

I had a lovely text conversation with a friend.

The sun is shining.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, September 26, 2006, Blogger Indiana said…

    I must be a bastard because the idea you had to throw out the lemon cakes to prevent huge hips...made me smile. ~grin~

     
  • At 1:51 PM, September 27, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi sunshine! what do you want for your bday?

     
  • At 2:40 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Indy - yes, you are a bastard. I hope the next marathony/ you're-so-healthy-you-make-me-sick type thing you do leaves you in even more pain than last time.

    And before you think thats evil, always remember I could have cursed you to have no sex for a year.

    Scott - Hi there and thank you. You don't hear 'narky' so often?

    TS - Sex? Oh, hang on, none of you guys can help me with that... ummm..... I will settle for a hug though...

    I don't know - something special!!!! I'm a chick! We want 'special' for our presents!!!!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Happy Birthday sweets. I hope it turns out better than you predict.
    ((many hugs))

     
  • At 3:17 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Scott - It's a word we should hear more of! If you really want to learn lots of new words though, go check out Steph's blog! *grin*

    Steph - Thanks darl, its not for over a week yet, but i am spewing. I sure hope its better!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, September 30, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    when is the exact bday? i'm preparing something special then...

     
  • At 3:21 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    TS - Ooooh!! I get something special for my b'day???

    Very exciting!

    Its on Sunday!

     
  • At 4:10 AM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    happy bday!

    *big hugs and pretend sex*

    presents still in the wraps, will send soon.

    lovely sunny day here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home