The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Friday, September 22, 2006

If I was not an honest person...

I begin to understand why you so frequently hear of carers getting charged with stealing from old people – it would be so fucking easy.

In the last week she has –

Tried to reimburse me 4 times for one lot of grocery shopping

Tried to reimburse me twice for the other lot of grocery shopping

Tried to reimburse me twice for the petrol I put in the car

Handed me £1000 in cash when we were in the bank and then forgot that she had even withdrawn it and was surprised when I gave it back to her when we got home (I had to explain that she had taken it out at the bank and yes it was her money - care to guess how long that conversation took??)

Tried to pay me by chq 3 times for my last weeks wages – as in, she drew up one chq and gave it to me, then 20 mins later handed me another one, which I gave back to her and we then ripped it up … and then about 3 hours later she tried to give me another one. *sigh*


In addition to that, she was terribly confused by a call from the bank so i called them back and after they had ID’d her, I spent some time talking to them and sorting everything out there – I know her private banker better then she does by now (including the fact that its his daughters 3rd birthday today - happy birthday Kate, wherever you are). Luckily for her, I used to work in a bank because she had serious trouble understanding what was going on when I explained it to her later – in the end I got a pen and paper and drew her pictures.

Sad, but true.


She’s all worried now about how she’ll cope when I am gone. If there is anything more pitiful then an old lady clutching your hand and begging you to stay longer and asking if you really have to go home so soon, I don’t know what it is but if I hadn’t already made a promise, I don’t think I would have been able to stand firm about leaving this job when I said I would.


And then there are the times she does my fucking head in.

But lets not go there.

I have been getting headaches again lately – 3 weeks to go… just 3 more weeks….

The biggest problem I have is with boredom – I am reading 2 – 3 books a day but am still very bored so I am eating – my current craze is lemon anything – lemon drizzle cake, lemon meringue pie, lemon fairy cakes… bring that shit on! The reason it’s a problem is that my ass just doesn’t need it! Sooooo not good.


Apart from that though, life is wonderful….

In fact, I’m just a little bundle of backflips.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, September 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    that's actually why i hate old people. they make you feel guilty. more effectively that mushy puppies.

    i got lemon meringue pie for my bday. so very nice.

    i really wouldn't mind another one.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, September 23, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    TS - I did feel SO guilty!!! How d they do that ???? It's not playing fair!!!

    Mmmmm - lemon meringue pie.... I'm just going to think about that for a min... scuse me....

    Dollop - You're just making it worse !!!!!!

     
  • At 1:26 AM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, the way you are thinking it's a damned good thing you are leaving that job!!!!!
    However, I am glad you are honest.
    Best of luck in the future and possibly a little compassion in your horizon.
    Whgo knows what your fat is...how long will you live.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, September 26, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Anon -

    1st - I actually think they are a lovely couple, but 7 days a week for 6 weeks is enough to do anyones head in.

    2nd - Thank you for your good wishes however I think I actually am a very compassionate person - those who know me are inclined to say that sometimes I am too much so.

    3rd - If i have anything to say about it I will be back to a size 10 shortly. As for how long I live, it depends on other factors as well.

    4th - Fuck off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home