The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Weekend

Friday night was an absolute cracker of a night - went and had a few cocktails (ok, more then a few), took my new babies for a test drive (moderately comfortable when standing round, probably not so good for a night out dancing, ideal for dinner dates) and got lots of compliments on them. The dress I wore was one I haven’t worn in ages because of the spillage risk but decided that as I wasn’t planning to drink toooo much, I should be safe and thankfully I was.

It’s the eternal problem of low cowl necks and deep V necks – girls with no breasts say they can’t wear them as they have nothing to show, girls with large breasts don’t wear them because the risk is that they’ll show too much!*Sigh* - talk about a dilemma….

Opps – strayed off topic again…

LH, TH, AH & I left there at about 1am and went to a Greek restaurant across the road which was pretty good - we are so going back there. After we finished that, LH dragged us to Haagen Dazs (I say that like she had to twist my arm) and we had ice-cream for dessert.

I would also like to say how much I heart those bicycle dudes – you know, the little rick-shaw type things ??? They rock – they have saved my feet so many times since I have been over here and for £3 a pop, its an absolute bargain.

Well – except for Sat night when, as I was climbing out of one at Leicester Square, LH made me laugh and I half turned back towards her as I was climbing out and as I did so, I tripped.

I didn’t fall – that would have been very embarrassing - but I dropped my phone (which was open) which went skittering across the road and was run over by about 4 cars before I could stop laughing enough to go play chicken in order to retrieve what was left of it.

Thankfully the sim card is fine and I have a spare phone so I was only without a phone for about 2 hours but still… once I sobered up I was quite unhappy about the loss of it.

On the plus side, maybe now I can go buy a pink one? And at least the spare phone I am using now has functions I can actually understand – that makes a nice change…

Sat morning was not so good.

I managed to make it out of bed at 2.30pm to go do some laundry and grocery shopping.

Huge effort I know.I think I made it out of bed before any of the others though.

Sun morning LH & I headed into town to meet MH for breakfast at Carlucchio’s.

LHand I arrived early so headed to Carlucchio’s to get a table. We got there and the woman said to head downstairs straight away as there were lots of seats available so we wandered down and waited to be seated…

And waited…

And waited…

Finally I had enough and walked over to a different table to the one we normally get (someone else was sitting there – b*stards) and sat myself down – its not as if the staff were busy – they just couldn’t be bothered coming over to us and the manager was upstairs so they figured they could get away with it.

Anyway, after sitting there for about 10 mins the manager came downstairs and our waiter finally came over to take our order. LH and I ordered drinks and I was explaining that a third person would be joining us and could he please arrange for another seat to be brought to us when he turned around and walked off as I was in the middle of my sentence.

Not such a good idea, as anyone who knows me can tell you. If there is one thing that infuriates me every time, it is someone turning and walking off when I am speaking to them – that is just so fucking rude it drives me wild.

LH took one look at my face and just went “Oh god – please don’t yell!”

*Sigh* as if I would do that.

Instead, I stood up, walked over to where he was standing (in full view of the entire restaurant) talking with all his buddies (who he clearly couldn’t wait to get back to) and then stood there waiting quietly.

The manager saw me and asked me if he could help, very pleasantly but quite loudly, I said ‘Yes, I was actually just wanting to finish speaking with him (pointed at my waiter), as he was rude enough to walk off while I was in the middle of a sentence and I would like to finish saying what I wanted to say.”

Ignorant waiter appeared by my side so fast it makes concord seem slow…

I then finished saying what I wanted to say and he accepted it with fairly poor grace – in fact, he was so utterly lacking in caution that he actually had a bit of a go at me for being rude enough to pull him up on his behaviour….

Another mistake, perhaps???

When I finished slapping him down the manager assigned me another waiter, who, funnily enough, couldn’t do enough for us – he recognised us from previous visits (we normally sit in his area) and he even knew our orders off by heart.

I made sure to order food that they couldn’t spit in though – just to be on the safe side.

Spent the rest of the day wandering around the shops, had afternoon tea at Selfridges (what AM I going to do when I get home, without my afternoon tea???) and then headed to MH’s to check out the new furniture she bought and have dinner there.

A bottle of wine later and LH & I headed home. Its very strange not having MH in the house – we were talking about it during the day and LH & I both miss her and she misses us… apparently her freaking huge bedroom does make her feel a lot better about that though – the wench.

Monday I did nothing except read, watch movies on TV and listen to music.

I love long weekends.

I hope everyone else had as good a time as I did.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    two curious here,

    a. on the V neck discussion, you belong to which group again?

    b. what are food that they can't spit on? i could really use this one, seriously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home