The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm in a world of hurt.... so much for not drinking..

Fri night I didn’t do anything in the end. Sat I made it out of bed by early afternoon. We were going to have a bbq but of course, it rained – what a fucking surprise - so we had roast instead – NZ lamb with rosemary & garlic, potatoes roasted with sage, pumpkin, beans, honeyed carrots and cauliflower & cheese sauce. And home made gravy of course. For dessert I made a butterscotch tart as well as a pavlova with strawberries & cream. Care to guess how much my housemates love me?

Sun LH, MH & I went for breakfast at Carluccio’s and then for a wander round the shops, D called while we were in there and came in to meet us. Thankfully, he was in just as childish a mood as I was so I had someone to be silly with. While in HMV, I snuck up behind MH and started tickling her, she absolutely shat herself thinking it was a stranger molesting her, the look on her face was so funny and I was laughing so hard, that I lurched into a display of dvd’s which I then knocked over which made her crack up.

According to LH who was over the other side of the shop, all she could hear was us pissing ourselves laughing, the sound of MH smacking me upside the head (which actually kind of hurt) and me then telling MH that that was child abuse and I was going to report her. We left there not long after – people were looking at us funny.

After we had afternoon tea, we decided to walk up to Leicester Square. D & I were walking on ahead talking when we decided to duck behind a pillar to hide, as the girls walked past, we jumped out behind them and yelled ‘BOO!’ MH shat herself again, LH nearly tripped and then all 4 of us just lost it. MH was just looking at me going ‘What are you ON????’ Fuck I laughed.

Had a bottle of wine at a bar in Leicester Square then headed back to D’s place to keep drinking. This was both a good and a bad idea.

D loves good red wine as much as I do so when ever we get together, it usually involves a fair quantity of very good red wine. We bought 2 bottles (at £50 each) and thought that that would be enough (LH was drinking Breezers & MH doesn’t drink at all), however, when we got back to his, we decided to watch Star Wars.

Now the rule with Star Wars is of course, that every time they say ‘Aldaran’, ‘rebellion’, ‘force’ or switch on a lightsabre, you have to drink. I was a bit drunk before we were even halfway through.

D & I then had a very animated discussion on lightsabres and what colour we would have if we could have one – he thought I’d choose pink but he’s wrong there – pink just doesn’t seem right when we are talking about a weapon that, elegant as it is, is designed to sever limbs and deflect laser blasts. I decided on green in the end, he chose blue. MH & LH are not Star Wars fans (how is that possible???) so they just thought we were nuts – especially when we kept making the humming noises. (I so wanna be a Jedi!!!!) When Star Wars ended, we wanted to watch the next one but the girls rebelled. As D pointed out – if we had our lightsabres they wouldn’t be so quick to rebel then, would they????

Anyway, we ended up watching Grease. Naturally of course, we all had to sing along to every song and we had to drink every time someone said ‘Sandy’ and every time someone smoked a cigarette, or we saw ‘T-Birds’ and ‘Pink Ladies’… I was quite pissed before we were halfway through the movie.

By that stage it was time to leave so D walked us up to the tube station (we had a drunken conversation with his sister in Oz on the way – she was very happy to hear from us and was laughing her head off at us, I don’t actually remember what we were talking about though) when we got to the tube station however, we had actually missed the last tube… so we went back to D’s & kept drinking – as you, or rather, as I do. We had of course long ago finished the 2 bottles we had bought but he produced another one and when we finished that one, he produced another one, when we finished that one, he went to get another one but I was pretty sure I didn’t need anymore so as he stood up to go get it, I wrapped both my arms around his leg to stop him from going. He didn’t think I would hold on, so he went to go get it anyway. He didn’t give in easily - he pulled me off the couch and halfway across the room before he gave up and fell laughing on the floor.

Whilst on the floor MH & LH started throwing peanuts at us – until we retaliated with popcorn. By the time we finished that, we were all lying on the floor breathless with laughter and in need of a shower. We girls headed home – in spite of his offer to stay there – and thank god we did – any more wine and I would not be sitting here typing this right now.

When LH & I got home, I walked straight into the phone and knocked it off its hook, LH was so busy laughing at me trying tp put it back that she walked into the banister, then I tripped over the cat and she bumped her head – we finally made it to our rooms without killing ourselves. I’m not too sure what time that was but I do know that I was very resentful when my alarm went off this morning. I was a bit late to work and I have drunk about 3 litres of water this morning and have yet to pee once. My head is killing me and I have already exceeded the max daily dosage of painkillers for a baby elephant.

I’m not even hungry. I just smelt a Krispy Kreme and nearly threw up.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Thinking about going to Hampton Court Palace for a day next weekend.

    And a greek restuarant one night as well.

    Apart from that, I intend to spend some quality 'me' time in bed.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    Maybe you should consider investing in knee pads and a crash helmet for future weekends?

     
  • At 4:08 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - I swear, I am not normally such a klutz, but I was in a really silly mood yesterday and just had no co-ordination at all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home