The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, February 02, 2006

*Sigh*

I am so homesick at the moment. I am really seriously struggling with it. I thought I had it under control but it just nailed me again.

My sister emailed me some pics of my nieces & they are just so beautiful – the oldest has grown so much and the youngest was still a baby (sort of) when I left but now she is a little girl and they are both so brown as they do nothing but swim in the pool all day… E is talking now (she wasn’t really when I left) and G is getting smarter and funnier as the days go by.

My sister in law also sent me pics of the youngest and she too has grown so much – she’s walking & starting to talk (she wasn’t doing either when I left)

One of my friends started seeing someone about a week after I left & she really wants me to meet him, one of my other friends is having relationship troubles and really needs my shoulder to cry on – I sat up last night talking to her on the phone and she was saying how much she missed me and I was talking to my sister and she was upset because she misses me and it made me so sad as I miss them too.

My other friends little boy has started walking & talking since I left. Another friend has taken off to China for a year so even when I get back I won’t see her for ages. I miss my car – I despise public transport and refuse to use it at home but here I have no choice.

All the things in my list of things I love (back home) .. I miss all of them. I miss being able to send out an email telling my group fo friends that we are going for coffee that night, I miss being able to drive down the coast & spend a day with my sister or sitting at the beach and watching the waves.

I really really miss hugs. I am used to getting at least 10 – 11 per day & I haven’t had a real hug in a while. Hugs to say hello are half hugs and don’t count in my book. I am devastated that my dog died since I came over here and I didn’t get to say goodbye.

Its not as if I don’t have friends over here – I have a few friends from back home who are over here too but its just not the same.

Sorry about the general whinge / feeling sorry for myself. I do know how lucky I am to be here & to be able to do what I am doing, I’m just a little down at the moment. It generally only happens one day a year and it looks like today’s the day.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Ohhh babe. Wish there was something i could say to make you feel better. All i can offer is that all you left behind, will be right here waiting for you when you come home.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Thanks darl & I know - you're mostly right - my dog won't be there waiting for me but everyone else will be.

    I was looking at the pics my sister sent through of my nieces and came this close *holds fingers so they are nearly touching* to crying.

    I think the lack of sunlight is getting to me too - I haven't actually seen the sun since Monday (when i was late to work).. I go to work in the dark, i come home in the dark...

    I'm an Aussie - we're solar powered!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Yeah, I might do something like that this weekend.

    It's the people I miss more then anything.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, February 03, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dollop that only just really registered - I take it you lived over here for a while then?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home