The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hi There!

Hello kidlets - how are y'all???

I, funnily enough, am fabulous!

My new job is the easiest fucking job I have had in my life - yes, even easier then the last one (except now I have no internet - BAH!).

I am averaging a book a day -

Fri was Da Vinci Code - all I have to say about that was that its 4 hours of my life I can never get back, Dan Brown (that *is* his name, right?) owes me.

Sat was Memoirs Of A Geisha - I do like this book, its probably the 5th time I have read it (I like to read books over and over again, I have read Gone With The Wind over 65 times so far, so 5 times isn't many, but its an indication)

Sun was 1984 - One of my fave books of all time.

Mon was Pride and Prejudice - yet another of my fave books of all time.

Today I have bought 4 more - one on Cesare Borgia, one on Nell Gywn, one on a french nun from the 1700's and just for fun, one on Charles II.

I may go back and buy something a little lighter though - its always nice to have mind candy laying round to read when you feel like it.

Anyway, today is my day off. Its also the first time I have driven a car since i got here.

I had forgotten just how much I love to drive. Seriously. I love driving a car, I was smiling from ear to ear as I drove down the driveway and my cheeks were sore from smiling so much by the time I got here to Leicester.

There is something about being on the road that I seriously love - its the possibilities, I think.

And possibly the fact that I am in control.

Me and my control freak tendencies... *sigh*

Heh

Anyway, I am off to go shopping (I need brown flat shoes - start rant - do you have ANY fucking idea how hard it is to find brown flat shoes??? Seriously - they make endless amounts of ever other goddamn shade imaginable but good luck trying to find brown and i HAVE to have brown as i refuse to do the brown and black thing - no one should ever do the brown and black thing. it's just wrong! You can find brown highheels anywhere you look, you can find wedges (*vomit*) in every store but good luck finding brown fucking flat shoes. End rant). After that I have a hair appointment and a pedicure and waxing appointment. thank you god - I will start to feel more like me again.

Hope you are all well.

Hugs to all!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Dusty Admin said…

    You have time to read that much? Are they hiring?

    1984 is one of the finest books ever written!

     
  • At 2:19 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Nick said…

    Must be kinda freaky reading 1984 in London with all those CCTV cameras around...Excellent choice.

    BTW - Word verification: gynjv

     
  • At 3:19 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Dusty - I can give you the name of the agency if you wish.... lol. The pay is pretty good too....

    I totally agree, I love it and try to read it at least once a year.

    Nick - If i was in London anymore I would agree but as i am not... it's not so bad!

     
  • At 4:36 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Imelda said…

    Giggle - Make sure you get a copy of 'In her shoes' by Jennifer Weiner. Then go buy the DVD.

    P.S. It's a bitch that we can't chat during your day anymore. Bugger.

     
  • At 11:46 AM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Im's - I expect email updates Missy!!!!!

     
  • At 2:19 PM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    I still can't get over the fact that you said *vomit* about wedge heels!!!!
    WTF??? Ohhh i adore all of mine. I wanna be buried in them when i cark it!!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Wedges - make small girls look clumpy, make large girls look stumpy, they shorten your legs and the one good thing i can think of to say about them is that you dont have to spend the day balanced on the balls of your feet when drunk at the races.

    The grave or the crematorium is the best place for wedges.... :-P heh

     
  • At 1:12 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    where have you been, a week and no update?

    has the weather change and you're busy with other things now??

    Or you're not so lucky and it's just the new job doesn't let you blog? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home