The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend

I seem to be going through an anti-social phase at the moment. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I am now only 4 mths away from being home and then the whirlwind starts again.

My sister once pointed out to me that I don’t have to accept every invitation and I don’t have to go to every party – this time, I am going to take her advice. No more booking up to 5 mths in advance for me thanks very much – when I get home I am going to look ahead no further then 2 weeks.

Now if I can just stick to that plan….

Fri night I blew off my workmates and headed home. We were supposed to be going for drinks but I just didn’t feel like it. One goblet of red later & I was smashed. I was seriously so drunk – I was sitting there giggling away to myself at just how drunk I was… my piss fitness is disgraceful. Damn liver cleansing.

Sat morning I headed out to K2’s where we went to the hairdressers supply store. That place was great fun. Bought what we needed and then headed back to hers to do her hair. She is now 8 shades lighter & has a new haircut – she looks like a rockstar and it looks awesome even if I do say so myself. I so should have been a hairdresser.

Went home, had another glass of wine (/got smashed) and then ran a bath, lit a candle, poured more wine and soaked. I was actually supposed to be at a party but the effort factor was just too high.

Sun was laundry & cooking, bought some new towels – I just couldn’t help myself, I already have 2 very expensive sets but these were just so awesome. Worth every penny. After I had washed & dried them I commenced waxing, scrubbing, masking, full body exfoliation, pedicures, manicures, protein treatments etc then slathered myself in a new body oil I bought (it’s jasmine scented!) and then off to bed feeling wonderful. Clean sheets too – life could not have been much better.

Going to start actively looking for a new job – I would like to go back to night shift, this morning business just doesn’t work for me. Will have to look into it. I need a challenge at least. I actually feel dumber for doing this job, I am sure my IQ is slipping each day that I sit here. If I stay here much longer you’ll have to dig for it before testing it. I entertain myself of a day by reading up on the net about the Persians, the Italian masters, a bit of French history and so forth but its not enough. My complaining about the boredom is even beginning to bore me so its really time for a change!

Right about now though I need to get my butt into gear – I am organising a girls night out for tomorrow – Valentines day is so depressing when you are single so we are all going out to dinner and doing a secret santa style valentines present thing. Should be good. If I get it sorted.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Steph said…

    Ohh i had a job that made me dumber ( if that's possible ha!) you need a new job when your brain gets lazy. Get to it girl.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Giggleworthy said…

    Well I am seriously overdue for a smart one. And I have only ever had one job that seriously stretched me and challenged me so well well overdue then i would say !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home