The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oddly enough Erection Man (what are we going to put on the front of his anti-hero costume???? Hmmm…. Let me think …) wasn't on the normal tube today, isn't that a surprise???

I was lucky enough to get a seat this morning and that was an absolute relief, I had kickboxing last night and I'm shattered. While we were practicing mid level kicks (which, btw, I am totally brilliant at) I was so busy laughing at K2 (she had slipped and fallen flat on her back & was laughing so hard she couldn't get up) that I totally misjudged and hit the pad with my foot instead of my shin and with my full weight behind it.

What made it worse was that that was my dodgy foot - anytime I injure myself, you can pretty much guarantee that it will be my left foot that I hurt - but more on that another time. Anyway, as a result my left foot is never not sore, so from maintenance level pain it suddenly exploded into excruciating agony and I think I can be excused for one very loud but strangled sounding 'FUCK!' as I hit the deck clutching my foot and gasping for breath. I was literally rolling on the floor in agony. The sadist who was supposedly supervising us however, insisted I do 50 push ups as punishment for swearing.

I hate that instructor. There are 3 of them that take the class - the older guy is lovely, the woman is fantastic but he is just such an ass.

And he smells.

I'm flat out doing 1 girly push-up for gods sake and he wanted 50 proper ones.

Amazing what you can do when you have to but when I finished I honestly couldn't get up - my arms just wouldn't work.

And then the bastard made me practice my punching … which amazingly enough he then complimented me on - that's the first time he has EVER told me I was doing something right, he only ever tells me when I am doing something wrong …. What can I say, all of a sudden I had a lot of inspiration.

As a result I can't actually lift my arms today - getting them level with the keyboard actually kind of hurts & I have about 40 (personal) emails in my inbox that I need to respond to and I haven't even checked my work one yet! That’s a lot of typing… particularly for someone as wordy as I am. Doing hair & makeup was an absolute bitch too. It remains to be seen how I will go with bikram tonight - at least the hot room will help so if I take it easy I should be ok.

I so need a massage but all in all I am feeling quite wonderful today!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home