The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekend..

I ended up having a nice weekend - no going out drinking, no antics just nice & cruisy.

Fri went home & crashed - in bed, asleep by 9pm which is mindblowingly early for me. I then woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep. The good thing about that was that I was already wide awake when the ruckus started…

One of our neighbours obviously caught his daughter having sex with her boyfriend because at about 2.30am they started screaming, I couldn't hear the actual words until they all came out onto the st (how classy) and the boyfriend was yelling 'I FUCKED YOUR DAUGHTER AND I FUCKED HER HARD!!!' and various other charming details… now if it was me I would have slapped him silly and helped my father throw him out of the house but this girl decided to side with the boyfriend which in the end reduced the father pleading with her to stay ('You're my daughter and I love you - please don't leave with this boy' ). It was actually quite sad.

Wonderful neighbours I've got.. There's never a dull moment.

Sat I went into Covent Garden with MH and wandered round a bit, fell in love with half a dozen pairs of shoes and couldn't decide which to buy so didn't buy any… I will be going back there in a week or so though to remedy that situation. Ate a couple more Krispy Kreme's (which may explain why I have only lost 1 more kilo) had a Chinese banquet for lunch (or maybe that’s why) and then hit the bookstore. Bought Pamela, Letters From Prison by Sade and another one of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. That should keep me entertained for a few days. I've already finished Anne and am starting on Pamela today. I bought a new bath oil too - jasmine, gardenia & rose. Our new housemate moved in on Sat so Sat night we all stayed in and had dinner together & got to know her, S came round as well which was nice.

Sun I was going to go to the museum again but in the end I stayed home (it was too cold) and did the normal stuff - grocery shopping, laundry and then proceeded to cook up a storm. I love to cook - I find it very relaxing so I now have a freezer full of soup and casseroles and everyone in the house had either chocolate mint mudcake or butterscotch tart for breakfast this morning . (Part of every nutritionally balanced diet). In the afternoon I scrubbed/masked/protein treated hair etc. Last night I also had a bath - poured a glass of red, lit a candle and ran a steamy hot bath & after showering and exfoliating I tried out my new bath oil (I have this thing about not soaking in a bath unless I am clean first) … it was awesome, waiting till the water got cold and then half emptied and topped it up again.. A bit of Sinatra & some Marvin Gaye and life probably couldn't have been much better unless I involved someone else.

Feeling wonderful today and it’s not just a good hair day - it's a GREAT hairday!

Hope everyone else is feeling as perky as I am right now!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home