The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Something to ponder

Before I came home, I was uncertain – very, very uncertain, if I was doing the right thing. I wasn’t sure that I was ready to come home – there were reasons to stay (in London) and reasons to go however the reasons to go seemed to be more pressing then the reasons to stay, so I came home. I was wrong.

I mentioned earlier that on Friday last week, I nearly booked a flight back to London. I sat down and worked out how long I could live over there until I started working, I even spoke to the agency to be sure I could get work over there again with no troubles. I mentioned it to my parents on the weekend and they said that if that’s what I needed to do then they would support me, even though they don’t really want me to go back. I wondered if I was just running away so I even took a piece of paper and divided it into 4 and wrote down the pro’s and con’s for both staying here in Australia and going back to London…

I’m still not entirely sure why I’m not currently working out my notice here and packing my life up again in order to return. I’m still not entirely sure why I didn’t book the flight. Yes, right as I was calculating all of those things I got a call from the real estate to confirm the date that we could move into the unit, but it’s not just that that is holding me back. I really wish I knew what it was. Somehow, even though things are a little crap right at the moment, I think this is where I am supposed to be right now. Hopefully, this time I’m right.

I miss my friends.
I miss my lifestyle.
I miss the feeling of freedom that I had over there that I simply do not have here.

I am happy to see my friends.
I am happy to see my family.
I enjoy my lifestyle and will even more once I finally get out of home.

My consolation is that I may have made the decision to come home for the wrong reasons, but I did learn from it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home