The best laid plans of mice and men....

Gang aft agley

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's a sign!

Conversation at work -

Me: I’m a little bit confused.
Male Workmate: Does it involve a man?
Me: How did you know?
MW: *Shrug* We’re confusing.
Me: Why is that?
MW: (Very matter of fact) Because we’re stupid.
Me: ….. You leave me no room to manoeuvre here…..
MW: Nope. It’s pretty simple really.

(Yes, actually, he is married)


Talking to C -

Me: I went shopping on the weekend.
C: Oh dear god – were you good??!!
Me: Erm… sort of …
C: (suspiciously) How can you be ‘sort of’ good?
Me: Well, it could have been worse!
C: Well darling, so could World War 2 – that doesn’t then follow that it was ‘good’!
Me: … I need a new best friend… one who’s not such a smart ass…
C: (musingly) Well, they say that opposites attract….
Me: The defence rests….


I also had another conversation at work with one of the biggest freaks I know, I tried to type it out here but every time I do, I start gagging again. Maybe another time.



On Friday afternoon, I nearly booked a flight back to the UK. I was actually on Last Minute and had selected a flight, I had even calculated how long I could afford to live over there before I had to start working again etc when my phone rang – it was the real estate agent calling to say that he finally had a firm date for us to move into the unit.

Even I know a sign when I see one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home